Employment Visa Transfer Issues

Topic locked
Employment Visa transfer issues Apr 28, 2007
Hey folks... a friend of mine has been working at this company for nine months, and recently got his work visa. He has just now been offered a really good package with a different company, and this company is actually owned by the Dubai government. Can he change jobs, and move in with the new company without any "banning" issues? Is it true that Dubai governement companies can overturn any bans that are issued by the previous employer?

The poor dude is freaking out, he really wants to join the new company but is afraid of getting a "ban". Someone help the brotha out yo.

cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Employment Visa transfer issues Apr 29, 2007
cactus_rock wrote:Hey folks... a friend of mine has been working at this company for nine months, and recently got his work visa. - What visa was he on for the nine months he was working? Was it a visit visa. If so then the 9months dont count as working...He has just now been offered a really good package with a different company, and this company is actually owned by the Dubai government. Can he change jobs, and move in with the new company without any "banning" issues? Is it true that Dubai governement companies can overturn any bans that are issued by the previous employer? - I am assuming he does not have a free zone visa. If that is the case and he cancels his labour card, there is an automatic 6 month ban. This can be overturned by paying 5K + Dhs. But these rules keep changing. Tell him to ask the Dxb Gov company their stand on the ban.

The poor dude is freaking out, he really wants to join the new company but is afraid of getting a "ban". Someone help the brotha out yo.
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 29, 2007
I was told last week by the ministry of labour helpline that there is no longer an option of paing to have the ban over ruled.

Sorry I can't remember the helpline number but the ministry of labour will give it to you if you call them.
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

devilsdiciple wrote:
cactus_rock wrote:Hey folks... a friend of mine has been working at this company for nine months, and recently got his work visa. - What visa was he on for the nine months he was working? Was it a visit visa. If so then the 9months dont count as working...He has just now been offered a really good package with a different company, and this company is actually owned by the Dubai government. Can he change jobs, and move in with the new company without any "banning" issues? Is it true that Dubai governement companies can overturn any bans that are issued by the previous employer? - I am assuming he does not have a free zone visa. If that is the case and he cancels his labour card, there is an automatic 6 month ban. This can be overturned by paying 5K + Dhs. But these rules keep changing. Tell him to ask the Dxb Gov company their stand on the ban.

The visa he is currently on is a work visa, and it was issued barley two months back, even though he has been working with them for about 9 months. The new company is a government entity, and they are saying they have the authority to overturn any bans from the current employer. Is that true? Can this guy trust their word and leave his job for the position with the govt-owned firm?

Thanks a million guys!
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

cactus_rock wrote:The new company is a government entity, and they are saying they have the authority to overturn any bans from the current employer. Is that true?

It's been er... known to happen :roll:
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 29, 2007
You're friend needs to ask the company he's currently working for if they would a) implement any ban on him, b) give him a no objection letter to switching to another company.

There's ways and means around it.

Washing your passport is a good one, ooppss oh dear I accidently left my passport in the pocket of my trousers and put it in the washing machine. New passport, new number, no ban.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:You're friend needs to ask the company he's currently working for if they would a) implement any ban on him, b) give him a no objection letter to switching to another company.

The idea is NOT to tell them anything until the guy is sure he will be "saved" by the govt firm. Should the current firm get the wind of all the happy undertakings our humble chap is getting himself into, they will @$!% him :)

The washing machine is a good call though.
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 30, 2007
Yes. A gov entity has the option to lift the ban...But they have to clearly say the same. As for the work visa...Since it has been issued only 2 month back figuratively he is still on probation then...So if his probation is 3 months he can resign without any issues...

As for the 6 month labour ban....The company has nothing to do with it. If an individual resigns before 1 year, there is an automatic labour ban imposed by the ministry...

Cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum