Employment Ban

Topic locked
Employment ban Mar 28, 2007
Hi everyone,
Something I want to get a clarification on. I've joined a small company in the Internet city freezone but now realize that it is not at all what I initially thot I was getting into and now I want to get out. I've heard that you can complete a years service and leave the company if you choose to. But can you get an employment ban if you choose to quit after only 3 months? What are my options..? I would be grateful to get any information about this..
-Thanks

desertsafari
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Employment ban Mar 28, 2007
desertsafari wrote:Hi everyone,
Something I want to get a clarification on. I've joined a small company in the Internet city freezone but now realize that it is not at all what I initially thot I was getting into and now I want to get out. I've heard that you can complete a years service and leave the company if you choose to. But can you get an employment ban if you choose to quit after only 3 months? What are my options..? I would be grateful to get any information about this..
-Thanks

The best suggestion I can give you is for you to read the topics on this forum. Your topic has been covered over and over.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 29, 2007
You're in the freezone so the normal bans and regulations don't apply. Anyway if the company tries to slap an employement ban on you, you just go to the Ministry of Labour, pay them a souple of thousand dirhams, and they'll revoke the ban. The bans are all money making schemes anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 29, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:You're in the freezone so the normal bans and regulations don't apply. Anyway if the company tries to slap an employement ban on you, you just go to the Ministry of Labour, pay them a souple of thousand dirhams, and they'll revoke the ban. The bans are all money making schemes anyway.

Labour ban doesnt apply in the freezone....The only ban that can be handed out is a 1yr Immigration Ban, but for that the company has to pay Dhs 1000 + all details as to why the ban is to be give.

cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum