Dubai Plants

Topic locked
Dubai Plants May 23, 2013
I am planning to buy some plants in dubai garden centre - http://www.dubaigardencentre.ae/ but I dont know what plant should I need to have this summer. I am planning to put that inside the house but I was afraid that the plant will die. :( please help me decide what plant is the best buy this summer season. Many thanks.

abriannerossi
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Dubai Plants Jan 06, 2014
I don't think many expats have any experience of planting plants in Dubai.
Your best bet is to ask the sellers of plants.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Dubai Plants Jan 16, 2014
I want some more details about this old stores and events
msialnoman
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai Plants Jan 16, 2014
abriannerossi , Hi! Try these plants:
Trandescantia Pallida- Purple Heart or Purple Queen, Philodendron Scandens- SweetHeart Plant, Carissa Macrocarpa- Natal Plum, Hibiscus and Portulacaria Afra- Elephant Bush, Elephant’s Food, Dwarf Jade Bush.

Biologists say that these hardiest plants can survive a Dubai summer. Succulent plants, also known as succulents or fat plants, are water-retaining plants adapted to arid climates or soil conditions. Succulent plants store water in their leaves, stems, and also in roots. Many succulents come from the dry areas of the tropics and subtropics, such as steppes, semi-desert, and desert. High temperatures and low rain fall force plants to collect and store water to survive long dry periods- sound perfect for Dubai!
raintear
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Plants Jan 21, 2014
geraniums, petunias and begonias is best for you.
jacuzzicart
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum