Dubai Investment Park

Topic locked
Dubai Investment Park Oct 12, 2005
Where is this exactly. If I work on Sheikh Zayed Road (main area with all the tall buildings), how far is it and is traffic a factor?

Is it a nice neighborhood?

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 13, 2005
Liban;

Dubai Investment Park is an huge area down near Jebel Ali, about 8-10km inland.

Head down SZR to the 6th and hang a left. After the second dead camel turn right.

Traffic is always a factor in Dubai :)

If you're coming from the Green Community then it would take about 35-45 minutes to get to Interchange 2 in the morning. About the same evening-time.

HTH - Stuart

Check out www.dipark.com for more details about the investment area itself. Our workshop is in the industrial zone there.
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2005
The place I was looking at is a building in what is known as the E block. Dunno what that means... I work in the SZR area where you have places like the Ducit, Capricorn, UP, etc...

So 40 mins is not that bad... Right? :oops:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 14, 2005
Can't help you any more mate, sorry. I just know about the industrial zone in DIP.

Can you come up with anything more descriptive than "E Block, Dubai" ?

Why not take a GPS next time you go house-hunting?

And WHY look at places so far away?

Satwa, Bur Dubai, Karama, Mirdiff would all be much closer to your POW.

... or if you want to save money, move to Sharjah and get a good stereo system for the car :)

- S
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2005
Stuart wrote:Can't help you any more mate, sorry. I just know about the industrial zone in DIP.

Can you come up with anything more descriptive than "E Block, Dubai" ?

Why not take a GPS next time you go house-hunting?

And WHY look at places so far away?

Satwa, Bur Dubai, Karama, Mirdiff would all be much closer to your POW.

... or if you want to save money, move to Sharjah and get a good stereo system for the car :)

- S

I am currently in Canada and I have people looking at places there for me. All I got was its a residential building there in the DIP and its in E block and that is apparently what the signs indicate.

GPS? :)

I am looking there because:
1) Its cheaper to go further down
2) I want to be around expats
3) Sharjah traffic is insane even with the new interchange
4) I thought that even though I am 30 kms away from work (one way), that its against traffic so no more than a cool 25 min drive to Emirates Towers.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 14, 2005
Liban;

I you have friends here then stay with them when you first get into town. THEN decide where you want to live. You should also confirm that the job meets your expectations before you splash out on a years rent :) ... or if you're feeling rich check into an apart-hotel (7000AED/month) for the first period. Many employers will provide this for 1-2 months if they're recruiting from overseas?

GPS = Global Positioning System :!:

There's not much difference in house prices if you go down to Jebel Ali. Unless you have kids I wouldn't've said the commute was worth it.

What sort of 'expats' do you want to be around - most of Dubai is 'expats' :) ... why not check out a 1-bed flat at the Greens for around 65k. Relatively cheap and fairly expatty - and close-ish to work.

But still, I'd suggest you get here first !

- Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2005
Hey Stuart,

I have a job offer in hand which I got during my visit to Dubai last month. I know Dubai sort off since I rented a car for a month when I was there in Sep. I looked at the Greens and there were a few one bedrooms at 65K with 800 sq. ft. Then, when I got back to Canada to pack up my things, I saw a 2 bedroom with 1200 sq. ft for 65K in the DIP... Thats what intrigued me :)

Liban
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2005
Liban;

With a little hunting / waiting you should be able to find a 1B at the Greens for 60k. You could always get a 4M (two-bed villa) in The Springs for 65.

Greens is a little more 'happening' - JA is good for families.

Or consider Bur Dubai area for your first year in town? There are also some quite nice flats in the Barsha area at the moment for a similar price.

Still - I'm looking too so if you still have the details for the 1200sq.ft place please let me know :D

- S

PS. I'm probably about to be spending four days a week in Kuwait/Qatar/Bahrain, so I'm holding off on _my_ accommodation decision until my travel programme becomes a bit clearer ....

PPS. And my earlier comment about getting here and THEN finding the place yourself is still valid!
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2005
Liban wrote:
Stuart wrote:Liban;

With a little hunting / waiting you should be able to find a 1B at the Greens for 60k. You could always get a 4M (two-bed villa) in The Springs for 65.

Greens is a little more 'happening' - JA is good for families.

Or consider Bur Dubai area for your first year in town? There are also some quite nice flats in the Barsha area at the moment for a similar price.

Still - I'm looking too so if you still have the details for the 1200sq.ft place please let me know :D

- S

PS. I'm probably about to be spending four days a week in Kuwait/Qatar/Bahrain, so I'm holding off on _my_ accommodation decision until my travel programme becomes a bit clearer ....

PPS. And my earlier comment about getting here and THEN finding the place yourself is still valid!

Hey Stuart,

Thanks for your frankness!! :)

Not sure about the details because what I know you know... Which is not much!! :?

As for Bur Dubai, when I came down in September I went there are saw whores all over the place and that sickened me. I am planning on getting married in a few months and cannot stomach the idea of my wife around that kind of stuff...

I never thought of the Springs... I thought it was much more than 65K for a two bedroom villa... hmmm.....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2005
What about Mirdiff?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2005
What about Mirdiff?

Mirdiff is great if you like plane-spotting. It is also fairly central and you should be able to find somewhere reasonable for 60-75k. The sports facilities at the Aviation Club are also some of the best in town (and reasonably priced compared with Emaar's offerings)

Especially on Tuesday / Wednesday nights the area around Spinneys in Bur Dubai becomes a little busy with short skirts and too much make up. The rest of Bur Dubai area is ok.

Springs is cheap 'coz it ain't got no soul. But you do get two bedrooms (both ensuite), downstairs WC, living room, large kitchen and study room for a surprisingly good price. But if you have no car then it must be horrible. Does your fiancee drive?

HTH - Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2005
Stuart wrote:
Mirdiff is great if you like plane-spotting. It is also fairly central and you should be able to find somewhere reasonable for 60-75k. The sports facilities at the Aviation Club are also some of the best in town (and reasonably priced compared with Emaar's offerings)

Especially on Tuesday / Wednesday nights the area around Spinneys in Bur Dubai becomes a little busy with short skirts and too much make up. The rest of Bur Dubai area is ok.

Springs is cheap 'coz it ain't got no soul. But you do get two bedrooms (both ensuite), downstairs WC, living room, large kitchen and study room for a surprisingly good price. But if you have no car then it must be horrible. Does your fiancee drive?

HTH - Stuart

Plane spotting... Hmm.... I didn't know it was under the flight path... Must be loud :) The prices do seem good though :)

What exactly do you mean by the Springs has "no soul"? I will definatly have a car, I live in the center of Montreal and have a car so I definatly will get one there!! :D

She does not yet drive. Will take classes in Dubai and get her license there. Why?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 15, 2005
Mirdiff is popular amongst the deaf and hearing-impaired. Some people hate the airplanes, some people don't seem to notice. Just depends - s'pose you can get used to it. Watch out for the ones that miss the runway :D

Ok, so nowhere in Dubai has a rich and historical past (with the possible exception of Bastakiya and similar areas around the Creek) but the Springs development is a concrete jungle. Inside your own villa-ette it is quite nice but the streets are anonymous sprawls. There just is so little variety it is b-o-r-i-n-g. Not helped of course by being so big.

Living in the Springs w/o car must be horrible. But if you like being a chauffeur no problem :)

- Stuart

PS. I haven't been to any (haven't even been invited to any :(:roll::() , but heard that there are 'lively' expat parties in the Mirdiff area?!?
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 18, 2005
So many things to consider !!!! :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum