Dubai International Financial Centre District

Topic locked
Dubai International Financial Centre District Sep 12, 2005
Anyone here working in the DIFC District? Is it true that the DIFC is not fully completed yet and has only opened in phases? I hear the Exchange is scheduled to open only later this month.

If you are already working there, where do you live and how long does it take you to the office in peak morning traffic?

Are there any downtown housing?

I am bursting with questions and eager to find answers.

ChunkyMonkey
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dubai International Financial Centre District Sep 12, 2005
ChunkyMonkey wrote:Anyone here working in the DIFC District? Is it true that the DIFC is not fully completed yet and has only opened in phases? I hear the Exchange is scheduled to open only later this month.

If you are already working there, where do you live and how long does it take you to the office in peak morning traffic?

Are there any downtown housing?

I am bursting with questions and eager to find answers.

1) From where I am staying (visiting right now), its not finished but should be done soon.

2) Depends from where you are coming. Tell me that and I will tell you how long.

3) There is no downtown per say yet in Dubai. Around the new tower they want to build a sortoff downtown. Dubai is like many "cities" clumped into one.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2005
Thank you for your reply, Liban.

I need to clarify my question - If someone were to work at DIFC, where would be a good place to live if he wants to avoid/minimise the peak morning traffic?

http://www.downtownliving.ae/?p=42 Are these residences and villas under construction or fully completed? It's because of this, that I had the impression there is a downtown locality.
ChunkyMonkey
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 13, 2005
ChunkyMonkey wrote:Thank you for your reply, Liban.

I need to clarify my question - If someone were to work at DIFC, where would be a good place to live if he wants to avoid/minimise the peak morning traffic?

http://www.downtownliving.ae/?p=42 Are these residences and villas under construction or fully completed? It's because of this, that I had the impression there is a downtown locality.

The Burj Dubai tower will be the center of a new "downtown" that they are building... Its far from complete :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2005
Hmm .... what artist's impressions can do to people's expectations! The trouble is, I cannot tell from where I am (miles away) whether the photos on the web are mere drawings or actual photos!
ChunkyMonkey
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 13, 2005
Drawings. The Burj Dubai complex is nowhere near complete.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2005
ChunkyMonkey wrote:Hmm .... what artist's impressions can do to people's expectations! The trouble is, I cannot tell from where I am (miles away) whether the photos on the web are mere drawings or actual photos!

hahah thats how we created a real estate market here in dubai ..lots of fancy almost-real-computer-generatedl drawings for the world to buy offplan :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum