Dubai For 3 Months...Advice Please!

Topic locked
Dubai for 3 Months...Advice Please! Jan 22, 2007
Right, here's the situation:

I'm currently in my final year in high school and, come June, I'll be finished all my exams and ready to go to Dubai for 3 months to (hopefully) earn some money before I become a tax dodging uni student in September.

My questions are as follows:

1.) Is it possible for me to be sponsored on my Dad's residence visa for the duration of my stay (June-August inclusive).

2.) Can I get a job? I've heard of some special provisions being made for those aged 15-18 years old (I'm 17, 18 in October).

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Ross :D

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2007
You live in Scotland, I am presuming you have a British Passport, if so, no visa required 2 months is normally given at the airport although some confusion reigns at the moment, and then 1 month extension is granted for payment of Dhs 500.00.

I doubt if you can work legally on a visit visa, their maybe some provision for temporary work. Maybe someone else can answer this one.

Good Luck

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 23, 2007
I'm a British Passport holder, yep.

Does it cost to be added to a Residence visa? And if I'm on a residence visa will this not make it that little bit easier (if any) to get work?

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 23, 2007
i dont think you can work without the necessary permits.
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 23, 2007
Isn't there some sort of special conditions for 15-17 year olds? I've read on one of the Government websites in one of the law documents about this, although I am not sure whether this applies solely to Emirati's or to foreigners as well.

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum