Driving License

Topic locked
Driving License Dec 21, 2006
I've read all the posts here about driving in Dubai.
I have a provisional driving license and can someone be kind enough to tell me how i could convert this? Do i need to sit for theory tests before an actual practical test? Where can i go for such tests. What are the costs like? Thanks

willdalee
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 21, 2006
You need to go to the Traffic department at Dubai Police so you can get it converted. Which country are you converting it from?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 21, 2006
hi thanks. Provisional Driving license from Singapore cos I'm working here. Could you tell me where the traffic department is located. Thanks mate.
willdalee
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 21, 2006
What do you mean provisional driving license? If you don't have a full driving license from your country and your country isn't on the list of countries ok'ed for license conversion, you will have to take lessons from the start and obtain a full UAE license.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 21, 2006
kanelli wrote:What do you mean provisional driving license? If you don't have a full driving license from your country and your country isn't on the list of countries ok'ed for license conversion, you will have to take lessons from the start and obtain a full UAE license.

there is no harm in going to the police and asking them with some info, try going to the police head quarters
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Driving License Dec 21, 2006
willdalee wrote:I've read all the posts here about driving in Dubai.
I have a provisional driving license and can someone be kind enough to tell me how i could convert this? Do i need to sit for theory tests before an actual practical test? Where can i go for such tests. What are the costs like? Thanks

Provisional Driving License from another Country is worthless here, as it is only a learners permit. You will have to go through the learning process with driving school etc. If you are not sure what to do, you can visit traffic Police Station they are normally very helpfull.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Driving License Dec 24, 2006
willdalee wrote:I've read all the posts here about driving in Dubai.

A P license is of no use in Dubai.

You will need to take driving lessons but this is possible only after you are granted a residence visa
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum