Driving Lesson In Dubai

Topic locked
Driving lesson in Dubai Jan 30, 2006
Hi there, I'm after a quick refresher/lesson on driving in Dubai. Anyone know if any western instructors? Thxs, Wendy

Wendy
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 31, 2006
Seriously wouldn't bother using any of the schools here, half the instructors don't know how to drive properly.

Try to find a private one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 31, 2006
Unfortunately Choco is right-it is like the blind leading the blind. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: There are driving schools but I don't think you'll be learning anything new from them-ask anyone who has driven behind L platers from driving schools here they'll just laugh!!

A couple of schools for you anyway:Belhasa 3440277, Dubai Driving School 2717654
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
Wendy,
if you wanna do it for the sake of passing the driving test, it wouldn't be about how to drive, but rather about "how to pass the test"

For me, (Passed from the 2nd time) i took 3 lessons (1 hour each) before my first exam (failed) and just one before the second (passed) with 1 month period between both tests.

I didn't go for any school as these schools would cost you alot and will squeeze alot of money on eath thing you do or they do for you.

I got number of a private instructor (i used), but he is not Western but he is fluent in English (syraian or jordanian guy don't know exactly) so if you changed your mind about the Western thing, just PM me. I didn't hear about any westerns work as driving instructors.

I went for Manual test so not to get through this hassel again ever.

cheers
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
So is your advice,

- find another private driving teacher (with good English and excellent driving skills) to take regular lessons with
- take a few token lessons with a driving school so that you can still pass the test with them and get your license?

I too need to get a driver's license here :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Just to point to you the difference between applying individually (like what you do with private instructor) or through a driving school.

In case you failed the test (god forbide) which statistically will happen, 90% if you are from India/Paki/Bangladish, 70 % if you are middle eastern with previous license, 30% if you are European, American.

Well, if you applied individually : you will be retested within 4-5 weeks (depends on availability of appointments)
If through a school: Guranteed you will have a weekly test if you finished the required lessons after failing.

Good luck, remember those days
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
Remember those days. Damn, the Ford Model T had just been produced when I took my test! hahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 01, 2006
I am moving to Dubai in exactly 8 weeks and 2 days and this board is proving to be a valuable source of good information. I too need to get my driving license and would welcome PMs from anyone with names/numbers of a good instructor. What is the approx cost of a lesson?
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 01, 2006
Dutchtoon, I'll be looking into this shortly and will PM you with any info I find.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 02, 2006
dutch,
It would be more helpful if you said were you will be located in dubai as for each area there are instructors, as part of preparing for the test, it to know the area you will be tested in and memorize some tips like if the roundabout got a filter or no so you know which lane to take.

Just mention where are you gonna stay

i used to pay 75 dhms for 90 min i think
yshimy

Feb 02, 2006
Not to jack this thread but does anyone know a mandarin speaking driving instructor? thanks in advance.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 02, 2006
cheers, initially I think we are gonna have to take a services room in a villa or something, got a couple of options lined up in Jumeirah but want to get an apartment on the SZR within a month of being there.

Cheers for the tips.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum