Driving Directions From Jbr To Internet City And Back

Topic locked
driving directions from jbr to internet city and back Dec 27, 2007
hi, im thinking of renting at the jumeirah beach residences and working at the internet city. could you please help me out with the following questions:
1. what is the distance between the 2 places. both distance wise and time wise please (driving)
2. assuming i will be driving to work each morning and back each evening, will i face a lot of traffic or will i be against it?
3. any ideas if i will be able to move into the towers in april 2008? will they be ready by then?
4. i have heard that the infrastructure (roads etc.) will not be able to support the 40 towers that are coming up and that traffic will be a mess getting in and out of the jbr area? is this true?

thanks guys!

nidnani
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 30, 2007
distance wise it might be 4-6 kms. time wise 10 minutes with traffic, i do the commute every day. you take beach road down to the round about, go round the grovesnor house and you at media/internet city within 10 min.

most towers have finished, expect for the gyms which will be sometime in 2010-2012 if we are lucky. and the 10 min commute is with heavy traffic.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 30, 2007
Depending which part of DIC you work in, it might also be easier to cross the bridge to the Emaar side of the marine, and then take the overpass onto Sheikh Zayed Road and then take the Greens exit and slip down the tunnel to Knowledge Village.

Either way thought, living at JBR and Working at DIC is a good combination, and close to as good as it gets to living and working in Dubai. (Although my daily commute is 3 minutes... on foot :-))
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2007
Ian's suggestion to beat the traffic is spot on. Far better his way than use the Soufah Road.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum