Decent Salary In Dubai

Topic locked
Decent Salary in Dubai Oct 08, 2004
Friends,

Could anyone tell me if 12000 AED including housing, car allowance and basic a decent salary for an engr with 10yrs experience to move to dubai. Can anyone get a 1br flat for 2500-3000 in and around burjuman? Appreciate if you could give me an idea of montly electricity and water bill as an average. Finally hows the price of groceries and other eatables, is 2500 dirhams per month too exaggerated for miscellaneous home expenses such as food, provisions?

Appreciate honest frank comments, as this will influence my decision to move to dubai?

sri---

Oct 09, 2004
12000 is good. rent is high i believe food is cheap if you know where to shop. if you are living on ur own should be more then what you need. 1000 a month for food should cover it. but if ur sustaining children aswell those brats eat alot! especialy as there growing.

hmmm i havent really been of help today :wink:
FAKESPIKE

Oct 09, 2004
yep totally agree with Fakespike (first post from him i have read that is to the point - alhamdulla).
As for the rent - that would be monthly i gather yep 2500 - per month near burjuman area - pretty decent one - a 2 br that is.
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

help Oct 09, 2004
need help with finding an apartment near media city.....any suggestions.....no sarcastic answers please, having bad day.
marc

Oct 09, 2004
Media City ,,,mmm try the Jebel Ali gardens - 2 br aprt going for 28k annual rent ...pretty okay place - other than that try jumeirah - beach road but only villas there n start from around 60k for a 2 br.
look in the mirrior and smile - cheer up :P
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 09, 2004
cheers - temp. staying in the gardens at moment - looking for more life :)

Oct 10, 2004
Txs a zillion guys,

Just to top it all, could u give me an estimate on the average electricity and water bill per month!!!!

Regards

Sri
sri---

Oct 10, 2004
sure Sri - But it all depends on how many ppl in the household and if u have a swimming pool - what kind of A/C and that sort - initially u have to deposit Aed 1000.00 with the DEWA (thats our electricity & Water Dept) - this is refundable once u leave the premises -
I live with 9 ppl and we pay around 500- 650 a month during the summer - we do not have a swimming pool ( shucks)
whereas a frnd of mine (who has a sp) pays around 900- 1000 a month and they are just two ppl. so basically it all depends on how conservative u are.
we are charged on a standard unit price of (not really sure but i think it is ) Aed 3 per unit .
nything else u wanna know as how much the dry cleaners cost or the part-time maid???
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 11, 2004
That has helped me out as well, thanks guys!

When I arrive in Dubai, I am going to be staying near the Lamcy Shopping Centre, which is fairly close to work (i hope), then once I have gotten my "feet wet", and sorted myself out, it will be car buying time and flat hunting! It's too damn expensive where I am staying!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 19, 2004
damnn you staying with 9 ppl u still cant beat ISH nigga is with 14

electrcity is too damnn expensive up in the country thats what i hate payin cause damnn most of the months u pay more then 1000dhs just on that an it kills to give all that away to this lame ass city
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 22, 2004
14! 9! i just hope yall have plenty of windows...
FAKESPIKE

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum