Customs Inspection

Topic locked
Customs inspection Jul 18, 2006
I am moving to Dubai and plan on bringing my significant CD and DVD collection, without their respective jewel cases/covers. They are in a 400 disc CD/DVD player. None of the DVD's or CD are X-rated, but some of the DVD's and CDS are NC-17 (sorry for the US classifications). No suggestive titles and no religious titles remain in the collection. Should I cull the collection some more or will I be ok? Any worries about the NC-17 music and movies on my pc? Thanks!

russ1740
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think it would me a problem. It would be sort of going 60 on a 55 mph zone - Will you get a speed ticket? not likely. You would really be unlucky if you are picked out of the line and then made to show every movie and cd. I've been thru customs many times and not once stopped. At worse they will confiscate the "offensive" cd (whatever that means).

Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Customs inspection Jul 18, 2006
russ1740 wrote:They are in a 400 disc CD/DVD player.

You have 400 discs in the player :shock: ?

You're probably fine. You can even rent/buy DVDs here with scenes you would have thought would be censored.

There was a similar topic not so long ago with more information.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 18, 2006
just make sure you remove the traces of cocaine off requiem for a dream, and traces of weed off half baked and you should be fine :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum