Credit Cards

Topic locked
Credit Cards May 03, 2007
I have been banking with meBank for a few months, but I still have to apply for a credit card in Dubai.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good credit card... I heard RakBank offers a decent one?

Thanks in advance. :)

V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Credit Cards May 03, 2007
V-Man wrote:I have been banking with meBank for a few months, but I still have to apply for a credit card in Dubai.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good credit card... I heard RakBank offers a decent one?

Haven't had anything too bad happen with my meBank card.

But RAKbank does not have a rip-off yearly fee, and have a nice 2% cashback scheme.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 04, 2007
I have no problem with my NBD credit cards in the last 2 years. Free (no annual fee) for life (only when you have an account), free supplements, etc.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Credit Cards May 05, 2007
gtmash wrote:
V-Man wrote:I have been banking with meBank for a few months, but I still have to apply for a credit card in Dubai.

Haven't had anything too bad happen with my meBank card.

But RAKbank does not have a rip-off yearly fee, and have a nice 2% cashback scheme.

RAK bank has low interest rate but also charges credit insurance which brings it up to same rate, also the cash back scheme only kicks in after you spend a minimum of Dhs. 3,000.00 per month.

They are all much the same really.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 06, 2007
One doesn't really care about interest rate and late charges if he/she could pay on time for the amount due.

I had traumatic experience when having credit cards back then in my home country. Couldn't pay the interests and late charges. Lesson learned, NEVER use credit card for "loan" or "fast cash" tools. Instead, use it like a second debit card.

Now I use mostly for emergency and online purchase. And only when I'm sure that I have actually the money in my bank account to pay. On most other times, when possible I use debit card only.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 07, 2007
Which NBD credit card doesn't charge an annual fee? I was offered the platnium and gold card and both carry high annual fee (700 and 500 respectively)... ridiculous!
fafit
Dubai Forums Member

May 07, 2007
fafit wrote:Which NBD credit card doesn't charge an annual fee? I was offered the platnium and gold card and both carry high annual fee (700 and 500 respectively)... ridiculous!

Two years ago I opened Gold Payroll account, immediately got regular ATM, internet banking, no minimum balance, no annual fee gold credit card (+supplement) for life. The difference is that you need to bring company letter stating that they will transfer your salary there (and will notice them if we close/change company). That's all. The next days I was offered home/car loan, even before my first paycheck got transferred ;)

I think the service is still there, check NBD website.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum