Cost of living Dec 11, 2007
Hi guys n gals
Do I have the following right, or am I missing anything>>>>>>>>

rent 3 bed prop 18000dhs/month
school per child 4000dhs/month
car 1500dhs/month incl ins/hp
utility 1000dhs/month
food say 3000dhs/month

then obviously social life but have i missed any essentials.

axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Cost of living Dec 12, 2007
axlenoyl wrote:Hi guys n gals
Do I have the following right, or am I missing anything>>>>>>>>

rent 3 bed prop 18000dhs/month
school per child 4000dhs/month
car 1500dhs/month incl ins/hp
utility 1000dhs/month
food say 3000dhs/month

then obviously social life but have i missed any essentials.

depending on school and were u shop really but...yes...
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 12, 2007
Funny how much money you guys blow on the basics.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Cost of living Dec 12, 2007
That being the case, the salaries although tax free do not seem to reflect the cost of living, in essence offers seem to be slightly up or same as uk for gross wage in a lot of instances, seems everyone is there for the sunshine, and if your working 46hrs+ you wont see much of that, in fact break the 46hrs up for the increased salary as opposed to 37.5 in uk and a lot are on less hourly rate, the saving in tax goes on overheads, maybe stick to holidaying there in english winter (oh is that all year round)
axlenoyl
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Cost of living Dec 12, 2007
axlenoyl wrote:That being the case, the salaries although tax free do not seem to reflect the cost of living, in essence offers seem to be slightly up or same as uk for gross wage in a lot of instances, seems everyone is there for the sunshine, and if your working 46hrs+ you wont see much of that, in fact break the 46hrs up for the increased salary as opposed to 37.5 in uk and a lot are on less hourly rate, the saving in tax goes on overheads, maybe stick to holidaying there in english winter (oh is that all year round)

The normal working week is still regarded to be 48hours (Private Sector), if you are in Contracting it can be substantially more.

The weather is of course a factor, although May - Sept it gets extreme, again depends what you do, if you are outside a lot during the day it can be tough.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Cost of living Dec 13, 2007
axlenoyl wrote:That being the case, the salaries although tax free do not seem to reflect the cost of living, in essence offers seem to be slightly up or same as uk for gross wage in a lot of instances, seems everyone is there for the sunshine, and if your working 46hrs+ you wont see much of that, in fact break the 46hrs up for the increased salary as opposed to 37.5 in uk and a lot are on less hourly rate, the saving in tax goes on overheads, maybe stick to holidaying there in english winter (oh is that all year round)

.sunshine
.money.
NO CRIME
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 13, 2007
gtmash wrote:Funny how much money you guys blow on the basics.

We are a family of four tho.
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 15, 2007
Would allocated more for the car i,e. 2500 plus insurance plus petrol plus salik
Maid/nanny if you use will need to pay visa costa and salary
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum