Petrol - pmsl if it was any cheaper they would be giving it away

beer - lol no way pedro its illegal unless you have a drinks licence/residency

bigmac - slightly less than UK

Generally essentials - cheap, cheap , cheap
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 15, 2006
beer - lol no way pedro its illegal unless you have a drinks licence/residency

You can go to any bar and drink all you want.

Alternatively, there's the Ajman and Umm Quwain marinas, which sell alcoholic beverages for very modest prices.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 15, 2006
Look up COLA indices and you'll find where your city lies in relation to Dubai. Do an archive search because I've answered heaps of questions about costs before ie milk, bread, meat etc. Petrol is around DH6.50 per gallon, a value meal at Maccas is DH14 and a kids meal is DH10. Going to the pub is expensive, but alcohol on the whole-bought from the liquor shop (you need a licence, think it is called an "alcoholic licence" LOL!!) isn't too bad. For cars, accomodation, second hand stuff like furniture and electrical check the classifieds in the likes of Gulf News and Kaleej Times on-line and www.dubizzle.com and www.souq.com.
Can we make a sticky thread of costs like milk bread etc and update it every 3-6months??? I think it maybe helpful! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 15, 2006
Thx 4 the replies.........very helpful

the only reason i asked about lager was..i was told it was about 32aed a pint just curious :wink:
T0M0
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 15, 2006
Thats probs outside of happy hour prices!

It's way, way cheaper to drink a gallon of petrol! hahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2006
no thx :wink:
not my thing
T0M0
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 15, 2006
hi

Linda was quite right in correcting me on the alcohol issue, but i assumed you were asking about buying it openly in supermarkets etc.

She was quite correct in telling you that you can buy beer etc in all hotels and certain eating places like Planet Hollywood etc. The price at this sort of venue is indeed about £3-5 a pint i'm affraid.

However many hotels do a all you can eat and drink evenings and they are good value around 100-150 Dhs each. The Meridian near the Airport charges 120 Dhs. Very good value especially as you can get rat-arsed for such little money lol
arniegang

Jan 15, 2006
The only trouble with these eat and drink all you can is that the waiters/waitresses are painfully slow. So, to overcome this, you order 3 or 4 doubles at a time! hahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:The only trouble with these eat and drink all you can is that the waiters/waitresses are painfully slow. So, to overcome this, you order 3 or 4 doubles at a time! hahahahahahaha

pmsl yea, you got it sussed as well, or order a beer and a large whiskey chaser lol
arniegang

Jan 15, 2006
yeah. The exception is The Cellar (near tennis stadium) and Bamboo lagoon. Those boys and gals have it sussed!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 15, 2006
yorky500 wrote:yeah. The exception is The Cellar (near tennis stadium) and Bamboo lagoon. Those boys and gals have it sussed!

you mean the staff or the customers lol?
arniegang

Jan 15, 2006
Hahahah, the Staff.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 17, 2006
Ah, old boozers! :)
Places have ladies nights too-girl's can get a couple of drinks for free! Doesn't help you guys much tho'!! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2006
Yeah, I could never understand why they do not have a "Gents night!" hahahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 17, 2006
The ladies nights sure get the guys in!! I reckon they out number the women 10 to 1!! If only I was still young-the talent on show isn't too bad....afraid I'm not in to toy boys!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2006
i have problems getting around these places holding me zimmer frame and drink at the same time :shock:
:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 17, 2006
I was going to offfer to hold your zimmer for you but I think I'd prefer to hold your drink! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2006
GAB wrote:I was going to offfer to hold your zimmer for you but I think I'd prefer to hold your drink! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 17, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Yeah, I could never understand why they do not have a "Gents night!" hahahahahahahahaha

yorks me boy...seems like you've caught on the laughing disease...whats up...too much helium aye...and what happened to hooking up for beers aye??...you didnt pm me with your mobile number??
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 18, 2006
Arniegang swapped the oxygen tanks for nitrous oxide in the old folks home. Is this a boys (I use the term loosely as I believe old buggers would probably be more appropriate) night out only thing??? A little sexist I think! :(
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum