"Company" To Give Visit Visa Sponsorship/services

Topic locked
"Company" to give visit visa sponsorship/services Feb 23, 2007
Does anyone know a "company" to provide visit visa sponsorship/services? How much approximately the service fee?
This is to accommodate my friend's second entry (in-out-in within 2 weeks time) to Dubai. Unfortunately she is not eligible for visa-on-arrival or visa run (due to nationality).

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
Most Hotels provide this service, although I think you may have to stay a certain time in the hotel.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 24, 2007
All of her days in Dubai, she will stay in our apartment. I guess only med-big hotels (with minimum number of nights) provide this kind of services. The problem is that the hotels in Dubai are very expensive. She could spend at least 3000 AED + visa services for a week. That's worth 2 return tickets ;) Let's see if it's "worth it". Thanks for the info.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
Can't the company you work for do it? Mine processes it for those in need and just charges the visa fees to the employees.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 25, 2007
2 things you can try,

1. Most any travel agency has a 'visa run' divisions, between 300 and 1000 depending on her passport , mode of transport, destination, etc. she should be able to get a visa, the fact that it is back to back from her last one shouldn't matter.
2. I'm guessing you did her first visa, i.e. you put the AED2k deposit under your name at immigration for her the first time she came to visit, Why not do the same? I'm not sure but I don't think immigration will care, I know people here going on 4 years who have yet to get anything but Tourist stamps doing visa runs every 60 days. (Although the ones I know are on “privileged” passports, which may not be viewed the same)

Good luck, hope you find a solution.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: "Company" to give visit visa sponsorship/servi Feb 25, 2007
xty wrote:Does anyone know a "company" to provide visit visa sponsorship/services? How much approximately the service fee?
This is to accommodate my friend's second entry (in-out-in within 2 weeks time) to Dubai. Unfortunately she is not eligible for visa-on-arrival or visa run (due to nationality).

Just marry her and she can get visa thru you :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2007
scot1870 wrote:Can't the company you work for do it? Mine processes it for those in need and just charges the visa fees to the employees.

I wouldn't want to mix between business and personal, but I'll check with them. Thanks.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2007
fayz wrote:2 things you can try,

1. Most any travel agency has a 'visa run' divisions, between 300 and 1000 depending on her passport , mode of transport, destination, etc. she should be able to get a visa, the fact that it is back to back from her last one shouldn't matter.
2. I'm guessing you did her first visa, i.e. you put the AED2k deposit under your name at immigration for her the first time she came to visit, Why not do the same? I'm not sure but I don't think immigration will care, I know people here going on 4 years who have yet to get anything but Tourist stamps doing visa runs every 60 days. (Although the ones I know are on “privileged” passports, which may not be viewed the same)

Good luck, hope you find a solution.

1. No, due to nationality, she can't do visa run (which is actually visa on arrival). She needs to go to UAE embassy in the country where she lives now.

2. You are correct. First visa would be done and sponsored by me. I could have sponsored her the second time (that if it'd be allowed by immigration and after I could refund the first 2K deposit), but at that time I would not be in Dubai. In fact I would come along with her on the trip (and the schedule can't be shifted). So the only thing possible is to ask third party "company".

There's another option I heard that we can ask for transit visa from airlines. But then it's only 96 hours and I'm not sure that separate tickets (not a stopover kind of ticket) can do.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: "Company" to give visit visa sponsorship/servi Feb 25, 2007
Concord wrote:Just marry her and she can get visa thru you :wink:

LOL. Yep, that's right. My wife will punch me in the face. In fact she is my wife's friend. :D
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2007
xty wrote:1. No, due to nationality, she can't do visa run (which is actually visa on arrival). She needs to go to UAE embassy in the country where she lives now.

First off there are two types of Visa runs 1. visa on arrival See a visa on arrival is for someone like me, every 2 months I can fly to Doha, drive to Oman, etc and then come back and get a fresh stamp on my passport, there are 33 countries that have this privilege in Dubai, the privilege of flying in without the need of a sponsor.

Okay safe to assume she is not from one of these countries, so the second thing is a visa run that is sponsored by a tourist company(maybe I should have been more clear) this is what the Pilipino, Indian, Chinese, Russian etc. population do that aren't from the lucky 33 they fly to kish, take a boat to Iran, fly to Doha, etc. When they leave the country the tour company starts doing the leg work to get them back in the country, they fill out all the paperwork etc. and sponsor them for another 'tourist' visa back into Dubai, this is what I was referring to for your friend. Depending on the company they go with they get picked up from central places in Dubai and Sharjah, bussed out to an airport in the UAE, RAK is pretty popular and off they go. they land in lets say, Kish or Doha, stick around for 3-5 hours or possibly a couple days while the visa is being processed and then fly back. I don’t know if this works for every single national group though but a lot do this.

If it is not too personal of a question may I ask where her passport is from? Maybe someone from that ethnicity can offer personal experience.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 26, 2007
fayz wrote:Okay safe to assume she is not from one of these countries, so the second thing is a visa run that is sponsored by a tourist company(maybe I should have been more clear) this is what the Pilipino, Indian, Chinese, Russian etc. population do that aren't from the lucky 33 they fly to kish, take a boat to Iran, fly to Doha, etc. When they leave the country the tour company starts doing the leg work to get them back in the country, they fill out all the paperwork etc. and sponsor them for another 'tourist' visa back into Dubai, this is what I was referring to for your friend. Depending on the company they go with they get picked up from central places in Dubai and Sharjah, bussed out to an airport in the UAE, RAK is pretty popular and off they go. they land in lets say, Kish or Doha, stick around for 3-5 hours or possibly a couple days while the visa is being processed and then fly back. I don’t know if this works for every single national group though but a lot do this.

If it is not too personal of a question may I ask where her passport is from? Maybe someone from that ethnicity can offer personal experience.

Ok, seems that I have another option. Thanks. Will ask my wife to dig this information out from a travel agent in Dubai (at the moment I'm out of Dubai). Hopefully they can charge only the tickets and visa fee without the need for accommodation (in Dubai) etc.

She holds Indonesian passport (Thai resident). I too holds Indonesian passport, but I've never had visa run before (fortunately all my employers processed my residence visa fast). I'll try to ask other Indonesians about visa run experience.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum