Change In Law With Respect To Parking??!

Topic locked
Change in Law with respect to Parking??! Mar 09, 2009
hello, I am just about to complete on my apartment and the developer has sent me a letter to say the following:
1) in order to get my title deeds you need to have a parking space with your apartment. They say the Dubai Land Dept is issuing new rules to say this.
2) they are saying the master developer has abolished all public car spaces
3) they say that they can sell me one of theirs as they are the developer and the cost is 115,000 aed

This does not seem right, can I really not get my title deeds unless I buy a parking space and part with 115,00 aed, which I do not have?
I have tried to find news articles talking about these regulations but cannot find any. Has anyone heard of this? Can this be right?

your help appreciated, regards,

lallycia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 09, 2009
Sounds like a scam to extort more money in times of trouble. Would help if you told the location.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 09, 2009
armada towers in Jum Lake Towers
lallycia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 09, 2009
If I was you I will report them at the nearest police station... plus its not your problem the land dept issuing new rules to provide parking space to residents and they don't have any right not to issue you your title deeds for something like that...

and 115000 aed for a parking space!??!?!?!?!? even if you have that money don't ever pay it...

greedy landlords...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 11, 2009
has anyone else heard about this change in law or is it just the developer trying it on?
lallycia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 11, 2009
I have never heard of this garbage
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 14, 2009
anyone else heard of this?
lallycia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum