Can Anybody Explain Me Cricket Rules ?!

Topic locked
Can anybody explain me Cricket rules ?! Apr 06, 2007
I really really dont get it !!? anybody help ?

howcomewechange
Dubai Forum User

Apr 14, 2007
why bother at all?
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
Cricket is a bat and ball sport played between two teams, usually of eleven players each. A cricket match is played on a grass field (which is usually roughly oval), in the centre of which is a flat strip of ground 22 yards (20.12 m) long, called a pitch. At each end of the pitch is a set of three parallel wooden stakes (known as stumps) driven into the ground, with two small crosspieces (known as bails) laid on top of them. This wooden structure is called a wicket. A player from the fielding team (the bowler) bowls a hard, fist-sized cork-centred leather ball from one wicket towards the other. The ball usually bounces once before reaching a player from the opposing team (the batsman), who defends the wicket from the ball with a wooden cricket bat. The batsman, if he or she does not get out, may then run between the wickets, exchanging ends with the other batsman (the "non-striker"), who has been standing in an inactive role near the bowler's wicket, to score runs. The other members of the bowler's team stand in various positions around the field as fielders. The match is won by the team that scores more runs.

check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Can anybody explain me Cricket rules ?! Apr 21, 2007
howcomewechange wrote:I really really dont get it !!? anybody help ?

If you understand Baseball then this link should help explain it quite well.

If you don't then the link is still fairly useful in attempting to explain Cricket to those who did not have the fortune to grow up with it.

http://members.tripod.com/~sccwa/crick.html
EhSteve
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 22, 2007
Baseball? hahahaha that's Rounders for girls isn't it?

Cricket - why bother, one of the most boring games in the world. Drink lots of tea, eat lots of cucumber sandwiches and break lots. Oh and throw the occassional ball for some guy to hit with a bat.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Baseball? hahahaha that's Rounders for girls isn't it?

Cricket - why bother, one of the most boring games in the world. Drink lots of tea, eat lots of cucumber sandwiches and break lots. Oh and throw the occassional ball for some guy to hit with a bat.

1/3 of the world's population might disagree with you Choco.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 22, 2007
more than 1/3rd ian :) take indian population and that might be 1/3rd
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2007
Jeevan wrote:more than 1/3rd ian :) take indian population and that might be 1/3rd

I heard they don't play cricket anymore.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 22, 2007
lol the axe is down, sachin and ganguly, irfan pathan and couple of others out of the one day squad :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum