Buying Property

Topic locked
buying property Aug 26, 2007
Hi, just need some info if any one has some. My issue is I am looking to buy a villa to move into. my lease isnt up until mid next year so i'm looking for something established preferably with tenants in it. I have since been told by a reputable realestate agent that I could have problems evicting the tenant once their lease is up even if Im planning to move in. The tenant is able to take it to rental committee and they can rule in the tenants favour to stay. The tenant can argue that they can't find anything comparable for the price they are paying and so they are entitled to stay for at least 3 years. This seems absurd if I am taking out a mortgage and I cant live in it and they are able to stay and pay under market price for rent. Is this really the case?? Considering I am buying the property at market value. Crazy :? Help someone that has done it or knows someone who has. Thanx in advance

Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Re: buying property Aug 30, 2007
Xander wrote:The tenant can argue that they can't find anything comparable for the price they are paying and so they are entitled to stay for at least 3 years. This seems absurd if I am taking out a mortgage and I cant live in it and they are able to stay and pay under market price for rent. Is this really the case??

Yes, there are more and more stories similar to this. If you buy to rent, assume your tenant has a 3 year contract. Then you won't be disappointed.

You might be ok with something like a 1 year fixed term contract if it's made absolutely clear, in writing, in triplicate. But you might not, if you get a tenant who wants to be difficult in a years time.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2007
My tenant is "threatening" to leave (I don't really care) because the stupid developer is taking ages fixing minor plumbing problems (which I am wasting my mornings supervising since I am trying to do the decent thing).

Create some problems that'll make them want to leave.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Buying Villa Jan 19, 2008
Hi Xander,
Tenants can come up with sorts of reasons, so rather than risk the problems, I'd buy without a tenant. There are places available, if we can help let me know.
Regards
Garry Duffield
Australian Property World
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Buying Villa Jan 19, 2008
dubaigoldcoast wrote:Hi Xander,
Tenants can come up with sorts of reasons, so rather than risk the problems, I'd buy without a tenant. There are places available, if we can help let me know.
Regards
Garry Duffield
Australian Property World

Mr. Duffield, It seems that you are now attempting to conduct business on the Dubai Forum, we have absolutely no problem with offering advice, however this is not a free forum for you to conduct you business. Should you requires advertising space please contact the Administrator accordingly. Please note that any future spamming messages from you will be sent to Trash.

Regards,

MOD
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 19, 2008
Have you seen his website? It's a joke.

I'll be on the GC in a few weeks, might pay the man a visit, or at least piss on his Toyota Corolla.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 19, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Have you seen his website? It's a joke.

I'll be on the GC in a few weeks, might pay the man a visit, or at least piss on his Toyota Corolla.

Sounds like a plan :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum