Business Suits?

Topic locked
Business Suits? May 15, 2006
Where are the best places to buy men's business suits in Dubai? I'm afraid that most of my suits will be too heavy weight for the summer in Dubai. How expensive are custom made suits -- and where can they be purchased? Any idea of how quickly they can be turned around?

Any help will be appreciated.

voxdubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 16, 2006
Most companies forego suits here in the summer anyway, just shirt without tie tends to be the norm. Lots of places selling suits and far cheaper than back home. Depends if you want to look smart or a bit like a spiv!

Brands store will sell you about 5 suits for 800 Dhs...but can't vouch for the quality. All the major designer labels are here but be prepared for a shock at the prices of some!

Loads of tailors who can copy what you have also. Places in Karama will knock you up a custom one for between 400 and 600 Dhs.

Get here, go shopping!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 16, 2006
Watch the material if you get one made up (or buy one). You may find anything with polyester in it is too hot.

100% cotton is good for shirts. Cotton/linen or wool (summer weight of course) probably good for suits.

Remember though, you're likely to be in a fridge most of the day with typical office a/c settings. Unless you're travelling around the place daily.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Thanks for the Help May 16, 2006
Thanks for the ideas and comments. And for the record, DK, I'm more interested in looking smart vs. spiv. (And I did't know they still made suits in polyester. That would be a felony in most circles.)
voxdubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Thanks for the Help May 16, 2006
voxdubai wrote:Thanks for the ideas and comments. And for the record, DK, I'm more interested in looking smart vs. spiv. (And I did't know they still made suits in polyester. That would be a felony in most circles.)

Ahh..but you are forgetting who 64% of the population are! Polyester mix is good for shirts (60/40 Cotton poly mix is ok) as they iron much better and don't crease. Certainly don't recommend it in a suit!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum