Business Of Domain Names

Topic locked
Business of Domain Names May 28, 2008
Read an article on how one can make money registering domain names and then auctioning or selling them for a premium. Article makes sense on investing in right sounding domain names and then selling them to make profit.

Anyone has experience doing this, please advice.

Found an interesting site offering domain names, makes one tempted to try a few domains but need some good advice.

The site is:
https://www.securepaynet.net/gdshop/rhp ... _id=437067

sanjaysm
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 29, 2008
Lack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle

8)
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

Aug 31, 2008
Hi,

Just saw your message. I have been dealing in Domains in the .com and .co.uk markets. I am just looking into .ae names at the moment. I think they will grow in value for the future for sure.

Good names are already selling at quite high dollar values and most good names have already been registered such creditcards.ae and loans.ae (by National Bank of Dubai) so there is a lot of demand with companies for them. That reflects their prices at the moment. For instance

tv.ae sold for $8000
Apartments.ae sold for $7000
Parking sold for $4000

Well worth the investment for the future especially while Dubai is growing and Internet use is becoming more common in Dubai. I think the .ae extention is attractive.

I have picked up a few .ae domains recently. Not selling most of them at the moment..

The only one I have listed for sale is realestatesales.ae for 6950 AED on this forum.
manora
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum