Bus Route And Stops Map

Topic locked
bus route and stops map Oct 05, 2007
I'm trying to see what if any bus goes by where my employer has me living. My employer originally told me that I would have access to a car to use, but now it just sounds like they have contracted a driver to drive me and the other new interns to work every day from our shared house.

That means bus (since I'm not paid enough to take taxis everwhere!) are my best method of getting around. (I think)

I saw several links to a bus route map, but now all of the links are dead. Can anybody point me to a current map, or do you have one saved on your computer?

wmcmiii
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 06, 2007
I had once but I don't remember where I keep it.
For updated one, you can get from bus terminals like Ghubaiba or Gold Souq.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2007
I called the RTA helpline, because I wanted to find out if they had any online bus maps. He mentioned that they are changing and adding new routes so it should be available online (again) in the near future... Dont hold your breath though!

Btw for those that are interested, the new X25 Bus runs from the end of the Marina towards Al Wasl road, through Jumeirah, up to Al Mena Road, then to AL Gubaiba Bus station, from their it heads across the creek to Naif...

Still havent used it, although im tempted! :lol:
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 06, 2007
V-Man wrote:Btw for those that are interested, the new X25 Bus runs from the end of the Marina towards Al Wasl road, through Jumeirah, up to Al Mena Road, then to AL Gubaiba Bus station, from their it heads across the creek to Naif...
Still havent used it, although im tempted! :lol:

Though it's been a year since last time I took a bus, there's already bus no 8 taking that route (or at least part of it). Ghubaiba-Jumeirah Road-Al Mina Seyahi (Le Meridien?). Also 8A for Gold Souq-Ghubaiba-Jumeirah Road-DIC/DMC-Gardens.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 14, 2007
I'm curious about where we could get bus routes/schedules online :?
Is anyone familiar with bus X25 already? Does it stop at Muraqqabat Police Station and DIC?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 27, 2007
Bus X25 is an express one that doesn't stop at all stops (especially the one I was waiting at on Jumeirah Beach Road).

New bus maps available at bus stations.

rta.ae say the route map can be found on their site but I didn't have any luck. They also have a "journey planner" which I vaguely recall a press release about. I can't find that either. And dm.gov.ae used to have pdf downloads of each bus route, but the link I had for that has died. I'm only saying all this in case someone else wants to continue the search.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 01, 2008
Here is the latest link to bus maps:

http://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/links/publictransportpdf.htm
Tsgchang
Dubai Forum Guest

More info about 8A Aug 18, 2008
Hi folks,

I was reading the forum and would be very happy if someone could tell where in DIC is the 8A bus stop and also one in Discovery gardens. I mean where is the closest bus stop to discovery garden and in DIC close to BLDG No.1

Thank you

Regards,
sanjograina
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum