Brining My Baby To Dubai....

Topic locked
Brining my baby to Dubai.... Sep 04, 2007
Hello!
Ok, have today been offered a job in Dubai - am now very scared as it has jumped up on me and I didnt think I would get it but very excitied now!!

Question - I have a 16month old little boy - am I doing the right thing by moving him to Dubai? I know it makes sense for him - Great lifestyle, swimming & beach everyday etc etc but probably because I am scared - I keep worrying that something will happen to him, when I live in the UK and it's horrid here!!!

Someone put my mind at rest please !!!!
Thank you xx

ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 04, 2007
what exactly are you worried about? that'll he'll melt in the sun's heat? if you've been in the UK, the life here is similar, now if you are afraid of change and are lookin for an excuse to turn down the job, don't use your son as an excuse.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 04, 2007
Not looking for an excuse! I just scared! I have always wanted to live in Dubai but I have to think about his welfare...........I know he will be just fine but still it would be good to hear from other people with kids over there!!
ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 04, 2007
Lots of bullets flying around, muggings at night, thugs with guns....oh wait, that's New York.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 04, 2007
Oh hahahaha - the humour!
You guys are just soooooooo funny!
ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 04, 2007
What are you scared of specifically?
I brought my daughter since she was 4 months old and she's fine here (3 yo now). Baby foods and powder milk are plenty and cheap. Diapers are cheap. Health facility is considered good (get an insurance). Schools (nursery/KG) are plenty, though some are ridiculously expensive.
Basically, your baby will be fine.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 04, 2007
Thank you, I just needed reassurance!

Thanks x
ZoeD
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 04, 2007
ZoeD wrote:Thank you, I just needed reassurance!

Thanks x

Come on over, Dubai is a great place to raise a family.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum