Book Required - Where To Buy From?

Topic locked
Book required - where to buy from? Mar 05, 2007
Hi All

I'm looking for books based on GSM and mobile technology. I have searched in Borders and other shops in Mall of the Emirates and Magrudys in IBN Battuta mall. I cannot find these books at all. They would be in the computing section of the store but all of the shops I have seen have a very limited range.

Can anyone tell me where a good bookstore is that has a large computer or technical section.
Thanks!

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 05, 2007
Just a thought, have you tried Dubai Libraries?

I don't have a scoob about membership and that, you'd need to ask someone on here about it, or try the website www.libraries.ae

Also, it's a long shot, but have you tried various Spinney's? They have a book section, although it is really limited.

Finally, Deira City Centre Mall has a few bookshops in it.

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 06, 2007
perhaps google around to find out what specific book you need then go into one of the big stores, borders maybe, and ask them if they can order it in for you - maybe check out the borders online store in the US. I would think if the US store stocks the book you are looking for, the local store could order it in for you?
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 06, 2007
Else, start searching for e-books which suit to your needs. There are plenty of "free" e-books out there in the Internet.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 08, 2007
amazon.com
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 08, 2007
xty wrote:Else, start searching for e-books which suit to your needs. There are plenty of "free" e-books out there in the Internet.

True.

I downloaded e-books from my mobile & holy ghost, bad news to my coin bank. :( I won't do it again.

I am looking for software (something like a library), where you can save and organise downloaded e-books. Which one is efficient?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum