Birth Control Methods

Topic locked
Jun 13, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:All I can say is 'Typical answers from blokes who know nothing!'.

Did it ever occur to any of you MEN, that many women take pills for other reasons other than birth control?

They are also used to regulate the menstrual cycle and stop painful periods and other related problems.

Just because a woman is taking the Pill, does not mean she's s.e.xually active.

Deleted, not worth the agro

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Birth Control methods Jun 13, 2007
sage & onion wrote:I love to see you people doing this, you simply advise people to go ahead and break the law, are you ready to stand in court and support them if they get into trouble?????.

No I'm not. I was just trying to give realistic answers. You already said it was against the law, I didn't disagree with you. I made suggestions about how to behave IF the OP was not married to his/her partner. Even Dubai Police have reportedly implied living together is tolerated under certain circumstances (not that I would expect a newspaper article would be much of a defence in court should you end up there).

Chocoholic wrote:All I can say is 'Typical answers from blokes who know nothing!'.

Did it ever occur to any of you MEN, that many women take pills for other reasons other than birth control?

Who said I'm a man? The OP's implication is that they want the pill for birth control.
dskwork wrote:....we don't want little tots just yet!
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 13, 2007
i think morning after pills are NOT available under any circumstances... right?
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 13, 2007
dale wrote:i think morning after pills are NOT available under any circumstances... right?

Last I checked, you could get them in a pharmacy.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 13, 2007
okie
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 24, 2007
Just to clarify.
Most UK contraceptive pils are available (and very cheap!) in pharmacies in Dubai, so you can continue your original prescription with the same tablets rather than be picking up 'any old pil'.
It is also possible to ask your doctor in the Uk for 6 or 12 months prescription before you leave - just say you are working abroad for upto a year.
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum