Been Offered A Job In Dubai - Should I Go For It?

Topic locked
Been offered a job in Dubai - should I go for it? May 08, 2007
Hello folks

Well the Subject pretty much says it all! All advice, tips, warnings, stories, etc gladly taken. Im a single guy, 34, and apart from a good bunch of mates, Ive no ties that would prevent me leaving the UK for a few years.

The one thing that concerns me is the housing allowance - theyve offered £15000 a year, which works out at 105000 AED a year I believe - now I want a 2 bed place, and Ive been doing my research on t'internet and there doesnt seem to be many 2 bed places for that amount in the areas Ive been recommended - so what I want to know is - can I get what I want for that money?

Also - areas to live in - I think Ill be working in the Ras-Al-Khoor industrial area - what areas should I be looking at if I dont want to spend half my life stuck in traffic (other than not Dubai, ha-ha!)?

And, accommodation aside, whats the cost of living like compared to London say?

I lived in Abu Dhabi as a kid so I remember roughly what the expat life is like and for that reason Ive always vaguely fancied having a pop at Dubai - but things have changed since i was a kid so what are peoples general opinions of the place now?

Ive got loads more questions brewing but Ill leave it at that for now - like I said, all help gladly taken!

Cheers

Adam

oodoom
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 08, 2007
Adam most of your questions have been answered if you search the forum. As for your housing allowance you are right its just about right to get you a 1 bed if your looking at living in Dubai ..

Since you will be working in Ras Al khor area you could live anywhere south of the city and not have to worry about traffice (since you will be reverse commuting) .. so Dubai Marina, Greens, Barsha, Um Suquiem, Jumeirah, Jebel Ali, International City, etc .. all these should be fine ..

best of luck
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
International City 2-bds are going for a lot less than 105k. And it is a 2 minute drive from where you will work. 2 minutes.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum