Beads Shop In Dubai

Topic locked
beads shop in dubai Mar 21, 2009
I am looking for a beads shop in dubai. I know there is one in jumeirah called Bead palace, but its very pricey. and a couple in dragon mart.

Does anyone know any other beads shop in dubai?

JojoHK
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 21, 2009
This is what I found on another forum:

[quote]
For a normal beading experience, The Bead and Accessories Palace on Dubai Beach Rd is fab, although a little pricey. They have most wires and leathers, findings, arabic beads, czech and indian beads- as well as all the accessories. A bit more pricey but its all in one place.

If you want to find antique arabic beads, Sharjah Souk has some great little stores, although 'Lata's' in Sharjah, has an outlet in Madinat Jumeirah with a great collection of beads. There is also a cart store in MJ with semi-precious beads and silver arabic findings.

Otherwise you can pick up Czech fire-polished in strands of 50-100 for 10-15Dhs in Bur Dubai behind the gold souk- just make sure you are getting those and not the japanese dipped beads, because they run when wet, or sprayed with perfume. The area is called the embroidery souk, and a few of these places have great supply of swarovski as well, which they sell in bulk, much cheaper than UK prices.

The swarovski range is pretty good, but the czech range is limited to one style, in different colours and sizes. You can get some pretty neat arabic beads here- although nothing is really that cheap.. [end quote]

Hope its helps you further... ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 22, 2009
RobbyG wrote:This is what I found on another forum:

Otherwise you can pick up Czech fire-polished in strands of 50-100 for 10-15Dhs in Bur Dubai behind the gold souk- just make sure you are getting those and not the japanese dipped beads, because they run when wet, or sprayed with perfume. The area is called the embroidery souk, and a few of these places have great supply of swarovski as well, which they sell in bulk, much cheaper than UK prices.

The swarovski range is pretty good, but the czech range is limited to one style, in different colours and sizes. You can get some pretty neat arabic beads here- although nothing is really that cheap.. [end quote]

but the gold souk is in deira, how can it be behind bur dubai? does that mean inside the bur dubai souk? i think they call it textile souk???
JojoHK
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 22, 2009
I'm just an assertive European that tries to point in the right direction.
The majority on this forum however resides in Dubai and they will hopefully have the courage to help you out...

Your avatar however doesn't help you out, since it belongs to a Mr. Bora Bora 'caveman' that did not earned much credit on this forum. A bit of a slumrat kitten if you ask me, following his behaviour.

Try another avatar. Maybe then people will help you out. ;)
RobbyG

Re: beads shop in dubai Mar 22, 2009
JojoHK wrote:I am looking for a beads shop in dubai. I know there is one in jumeirah called Bead palace, but its very pricey. and a couple in dragon mart.

Anal beads?
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: beads shop in dubai Mar 23, 2009
JojoHK wrote:I am looking for a beads shop in dubai. I know there is one in jumeirah called Bead palace, but its very pricey. and a couple in dragon mart.

Hello,i am from china,may i help to source in china.how about the quantity?which beads you need?can you show me the PIC?
newstar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I'm just an assertive European that tries to point in the right direction.
The majority on this forum however resides in Dubai and they will hopefully have the courage to help you out...

Your avatar however doesn't help you out, since it belongs to a Mr. Bora Bora 'caveman' that did not earned much credit on this forum. A bit of a slumrat kitten if you ask me, following his behaviour.

how a week changes things (and sexes...) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
JojoHK wrote:
RobbyG wrote:This is what I found on another forum:

but the gold souk is in deira, how can it be behind bur dubai? does that mean inside the bur dubai souk? i think they call it textile souk???

There is a Gold Souk in Bur Dubai also, it's in a tall blue and gold building shaped a bit like a ship on Al Mina Road. I've seen it but never been in it. Doesn't look as big at the Deira rat's maze!

Take Kuwait Street and you can see it on your left, just before you get to the end.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I'm just an assertive European that tries to point in the right direction.

She should bettter not read this !!! My goddd. I'm finished... :shock:

RobbyG

Mar 27, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

She should bettter not read this !!! My goddd. I'm finished... :shock:

Hope she doesn't like to help people in the help forum, you can lie low here ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 01, 2009
Hi all
I love beading and crafts, and have had so much trouble finding reasonable priced beads in Dubai, or stores that were accessible (not running around in circles in Deira etc). So after many long torturous journeys around town, I am about to open an online bead store through souq - so beads can be delivered to your door!!! Problem solved! I'll let you guys know when it's up & running but should be this week. =-) Hopefully this will help all the headaches us crafty people have living in Dubai!!
Cheers
C
candycane
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 01, 2009
candycane wrote:Hi all
I love beading and crafts, and have had so much trouble finding reasonable priced beads in Dubai, or stores that were accessible (not running around in circles in Deira etc). So after many long torturous journeys around town, I am about to open an online bead store through souq - so beads can be delivered to your door!!! Problem solved! I'll let you guys know when it's up & running but should be this week. =-) Hopefully this will help all the headaches us crafty people have living in Dubai!!
Cheers
C

Good luck candycane, any attempt to start up a business deserves applause, I hope you make a success. ;)

Don't forget, advertising is the key, even for online business, and cheaply if you can do it!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:For a normal beading experience, The Bead and Accessories Palace on Dubai Beach Rd is fab, although a little pricey. They have most wires and leathers, findings, arabic beads, czech and indian beads- as well as all the accessories. A bit more pricey but its all in one place.

If you want to find antique arabic beads, Sharjah Souk has some great little stores, although 'Lata's' in Sharjah, has an outlet in Madinat Jumeirah with a great collection of beads. There is also a cart store in MJ with semi-precious beads and silver arabic findings.

That's it! Out with the truth Rob. We know you've been in Dubai since the fall of 2007, stay at Ghurair Apartments Bur Dubai, work with an airlines company,and enjoy spending time with the chiquititas in the nearby watering holes (you called it social service did'nt you, helping out less fortunate Russians?)
Word has it that this very popular Dutchman doles out bead chains as souvenirs. ( Although rumour has it that the carefully selected beads are not so innocous and may have very kinky underlinings...when asked a few women acknowledged but only let out a naughty wink) The myth of the mysterious Dutchman and his playful beads is spreading like wildfie.
Tell em Rob!
:lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2009
:D :D

MCL testifies!!! Tell it like it is bro, 'out' that dirty Dutchie and his 'cheap beads for the natives' tricks!!!

Very funny!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2009
:lol:

Thanks!

Eagarly awaiting Dirty Dutchie's reaction now :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 02, 2009
Yeah some time lag on his reply.... I think he must be out in Oman somewhere trying to buy someone's daughter for two bead necklaces and a mirror. :O

Must tell him to get a satellite phone for his laptop.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2009
Hey
how are you doing recently?
I would like to introduce you a very good website is dubaisavers com, It can offer you all kinds of Furniture products that you may be in need......
LyricAngel22
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Beads Shop In Dubai Aug 30, 2013
Shopping in Dubai is an awesome experience, with open-air markets and great shopping malls everywhere; Dubai is among the best shopping place of the world. Here some of the best shopping spots of Dubai:

Dubai Mall
Mall of the Emirates
Burjuman Center Dubai
Mercato Town Center Dubai
Dubai Oasis Centre
Dubai Mazaya Centre Mall
Carrefour Hyper Market
Lulu Super Market and Hyper Market
manyasingh
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum