Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was Made

Topic locked
Bank asking for recovery after Credit Card payment was made Jan 13, 2013
Hi

Today I got a call from India saying that I have to pay Credit card bill to Emirate NBD, It was a shock for me. he told me that they have transferred the case to India

I was given a credit card around 8 to 9 years a go, which I never used , then after around a year I lost my hand bag in which lost the card. I called to NBD bank reporting about the lost card.

the lady ask me the Credit Card nos which I didnt remember as i had never used the card, I gave her my name and other details she said that it will be taken care of .

Then before around 4 to 5 years I was travelling to Dubai. Police stopped me at the airport and I had no clue why, after a day I came to know that I have to pay some money to NBD bank for credit card, that means that the cards were not blocked by the customer service agent whom I spoke to when I lost my cards.

I was harassed for around 15 days it was so horrible that at a point of time I felt like hell. Anyways some how I arranged the money and settle everything than I was allowed to leave.

Now I am travelling every now and then , I live in Dubai

Now they are asking me to pay it again or submit the Documents I don't have any documents from bank I had the documents from court with me but as it was 5 years ago and I thought everything was settled I dont know if I have these documents.

My question is that can they file a case against me again and put a travel ban on me.

I have already told them that I have paid it to the Court and they say they have not received the money.

Please if you could help me in this I will really appreciate that

Regards

Sam

mebss
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was M Jan 13, 2013
Hi,
You really should try to find the court documents, such documents should never be disposed of.
You should also close all your bank accounts in that bank if you have any, a credit card usually comes with a bank account and if you don't have any money in the bank account there is usually a monthly fee.

There should be some documents in the Court archive.
You should contact them about this.
What fees do you have to pay for the credit card?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was M Jan 14, 2013
Andyba ,

Thank you for your reply, I am trying to find the documents . But my question is can they again file a case against me (criminal or civil) and put a travel ban on me.

Please advice.

Sam
mebss
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was M May 11, 2013
Chances are there, it will be better you searched for that lost documents.
Judij
BANNED

Re: Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was M May 21, 2013
If you have any leagal document that supprot you crdit card payment bill than you find a solicitor and get advice from it that what to do and he also recommend you a lawyer if its necessary.So try to find a solicitor near you and get adviced.
family lawyer gold coast
Allen27
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Jul 14, 2014
I have a credit card which was already expired and they did not issue me anymore the new credit card, can they still continue the interest in my credit card?
dex1127
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Bank Asking For Recovery After Credit Card Payment Was M Jul 14, 2014
Do you have any proof of payment at all? Your bank should have a record of it leaving your account i.e cheque issued for the amount or bank transfer?
UkPropertyConsultant
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum