Accomodation Location

Topic locked
Accomodation Location May 13, 2006
Hi - looking for advice on where to live.

Coming to Dubai in next couple of months and will be buying a 2 bed apartment - the decision is where?

I will be working at the airport doing shift work so will be travelling in off-peak hours.

I have heard that the traffic can be horredous so how far away from the airport is a reasonable commute? - 20-30 minutes.

I like the look of some apartment at the Dubai Marina developement - is this too far away to commute?

Are there any areas to avoid?

Thanks in advance

sids
Dubai Forum Guest

May 13, 2006
Now what u r suggesting is a bit far, try Dubai Festival City, it is only 10 minutes away from the airport!!
Have a nice day!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 13, 2006
DXB MArina to the airport, you have to be joking! Even in off-peak hours you'd be looking at a 40 minute journey - at least.

Also there are only certain areas where you can buy property here and it's a mine field, I suggest you use the search facility and read up on the hassles and issues with regard to owning property here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Unless the job comes with a personal helicopter stay away from the Marina (too far for land transport).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
Chocs and conc deffo right unless its 6am in the morn you can do in 20 mins otherwise take yer lunch to eat in the car.

Put it this way last week i went in a taxi from Marina to Al Futtain Motors near festival city (very near airport) and it took me 1 hour 45 mins. I left at 5.30 and got there 7.15. At 7pm i rang them to ask to stay open cos they closed at 7.30

:shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 14, 2006
arniegang wrote:Chocs and conc deffo right unless its 6am in the morn you can do in 20 mins otherwise take yer lunch to eat in the car.

Put it this way last week i went in a taxi from Marina to Al Futtain Motors near festival city (very near airport) and it took me 1 hour 45 mins. I left at 5.30 and got there 7.15. At 7pm i rang them to ask to stay open cos they closed at 7.30

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think I had that taxi driver last night! His motors knackered!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 17, 2006
Thanks for the info guys - looks like the Marina is out.

I'll have a look at Dubai Festival City next month when I come out for a look around.
sids
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum