Accomodation Advice

Topic locked
Accomodation advice Dec 17, 2006
Hi All, Can someone advise me the situation regarding housing which is included as part of a package of employment? i.e. do they provide what I require, say a 3 bed house/apartment to accomodate my family or do they generally give the minimum i.e. a studio flat? hope someone can help so I know what to expect or ask for, dont want to be rude by asking for too much or get stuffed by accepting too little, Many Thanks Gavin

gwpaterson
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 17, 2006
For most people I know you get an accomm allowance in your package and do what you will with it.

Specificy on the accom type if they find a house for you - unknown - try searching on the forum
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 17, 2006
normally if housing is stated as being provided they will provide something suitable for your family.

Though this is only if you are hired on a Married or family status contract.

Often if you are hire single or bachelor status only single accomodation is provided and often this will have to be shared.
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Accomodation advice Dec 17, 2006
gwpaterson wrote:Hi All, Can someone advise me the situation regarding housing which is included as part of a package of employment? i.e. do they provide what I require, say a 3 bed house/apartment to accomodate my family or do they generally give the minimum i.e. a studio flat? hope someone can help so I know what to expect or ask for, dont want to be rude by asking for too much or get stuffed by accepting too little, Many Thanks Gavin

You should ask them to be specific as to what they will provide, this is quite important as their is a wide range of accomodation available.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 17, 2006
thanks for the advice so far guys, Gavin
gwpaterson
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 18, 2006
Gavin,

Like any negotiation, you start off by saying what you want. If you have a family, then you will be wanting a 3 bed villa, if you are married with no kids, then a 2/3 bed apartment will be your minimum consideration.

What you will expect depends on what your status is in your contract. If married status, then they should provide accommodation suitable for a family and that normally means a villa.

Also, check for medical and schooling. Its damn expensive here.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum