Dubai Desert Rock Festival

Topic locked
Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 03, 2010
Hey there folks :)
I have been wondering recently about whatever happened to the biggest metal event in the region ?
I have no idea if there are any metal fans on this forum but I'm sure if there is any that they all have the same question in mind will there be another Desert Rock soon? or any other metal event we sure do need something like that otherwise Metal is dead in Dubai other than the Metal Asylum events of course
Hope that anyone here has an answer =)

Nabilsan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 04, 2010
Nabilsan wrote:Hey there folks :)
I have been wondering recently about whatever happened to the biggest metal event in the region ?
I have no idea if there are any metal fans on this forum but I'm sure if there is any that they all have the same question in mind will there be another Desert Rock soon? or any other metal event we sure do need something like that otherwise Metal is dead in Dubai other than the Metal Asylum events of course
Hope that anyone here has an answer =)

Well the 2 major booking companies here (Music Nation and more recently Done Events) are keeping their cards close to their chests at the moment. There are sure to be some headline bands coming over the winter, but no-one knows who yet. Abu Dhabi will be bringing another collection of major bands and performers for the F1 Grand Prix again.

Watch out for the line-up at Dubai Bike Week as well, they brought Nickelback last year and wheeled out the grandads of Status Quo (who you simply cannot knock as they have been doing it for so long its like a well oiled machine and they give good live gig!)

Personally, I am hoping someone will bring ACDC or Rammstein...these I would crawl down Sheikh Zayed Road on broken glass to see!

Party on Wayne!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 20, 2010
GAAAH! IT'S A MUST! I must see Ozzy Osbourne LIVE before I perish due to boredom.
HUUUUUGE Metal/Rock fan! I doubt they a rock festival will be held though..the city is broke. Maybe in AD.. who knows
Kandilicious
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 20, 2010
Dubai Knight wrote:Personally, I am hoping someone will bring ACDC

Hells Bells, now THAT would make my day :)! I'd be thunderstruck, shaking all night long, especially if they were back in black. I might even give the dog a bone.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 23, 2010
desertstar wrote:I did a little research on this when i arrived in the country...and according to the desert rock festival website it will not be held this year, something about the events company hosting it was too busy with the world cup in south africa.....

sigh and being south african it seems so ironic that my own country would steal my one biggest event to see in dubai just after i arrive here.

QUOTED from the website - February 9th 2010, Dubai (UAE) – Dubai-based promoter Center Stage Management (CSM) announces they will not be organizing any events in the United Arab Emirates in the year 2010. The annual festivals, which include, Desert Rock, Desert Rhythm, Urban Desert & Back 2 School Festival, are postponed until further notice, in an effort to extend the reach of the company.

Er...reading between the lines:

"We are bust and have not grossed Dirham one from the events we tried to organise here...see ya suckers!"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

okay so as a metal fan living in the UAE...where would i go to see and hear any metal bands or music??? any clubs or bars catering to that genre? and how do i find out about any events happening? I know i sound completely naieve but be kind...any info from the more experienced expats would make my life better :mrgreen:
tattoo
Dubai Forum Guest

Not many clubs or places here doing metal or even rock as a regular thing simply because they need to drag as many punters in as they can, therefore Middle of the Road covers are the best you will get.

Nearest thing would be Rock Bottom at the Regent Hotel opposite Bur Juman.

Sorry.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 24, 2010
ah thats disappointing!!!!!!!!!! now what am i gonna do... :bounce:
tattoo
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai Desert Rock Festival Aug 24, 2010
tattoo wrote:ah thats disappointing!!!!!!!!!! now what am i gonna do... :bounce:

Turn up 'Mutter' to 11 and enjoy!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events