Disney's High School Musical - Auditions - Dubai

Topic locked
Disney's High School Musical - Auditions - Dubai May 02, 2008
The West End Stage Experience – Live the Dream…

Popular Productions Ltd & West End Stage Experience are seeking talented actors, singers and dancers aged between 10 and 23 to audition to be part of one of the most exciting and successful musicals of recent years – Disney’s High School Musical.

The West End Stage Experience is designed to give young performers a real life taste of professional theatre. Auditions, rehearsals and performances all run according to professional practise, led by a team of excellent UK West End creatives who between them have many years of professional experience in their fields.

For two fun but intensive weeks, the cast will rehearse the show under the supervision of our West End creative team and will receive first class support in acting, dancing and singing as well as gaining excellent and valuable experience in staging theatre under professional conditions.

And, at the end the cast will experience the thrill of performing live on stage in the fully staged MIDDLE EAST PREMIERE PRODUCTION of DISNEY’S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL in July, to a real audience of thousands over seven memorable performances at the Dubai Community Theatre, Mall of the Emirates.

It’s a brilliant opportunity for young performers who have dreamed of starring on stage in a high profile musical, to get the chance to make their dreams a reality.

Everyone is welcome to audition as long as they are between the age of 10 and 23 and have a talent in Singing, Dance, Acting or all three. For more information and for anyone interested in auditioning, they should pre-register to guarantee an audition place at: www.hsmdubai.com/auditions where more information is also available on the show and the West End Stage Experience.

High School Musical is sponsored by Kempinski Dubai & Timeout Dubai Kids.

Popular Productions
Dubai Forum Guest

Age Limit? May 15, 2008
I'm 25 years old, and although I understand they have to have somewhat of an age limit, if someone could look the part, I believe it shouldn't be a problem if they were 25/26 or so. One of the stars of the movie was 25 at the time the movie was shot (the first High School Musical) I don't think it should be a problem. This is the first time they have something like this in Dubai, and it's just a shame that other age groups are being excluded from such a great experience.
zainakae
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 09, 2008
Thanks for your comment Zainakae.

Don't worry they'll be plenty of other West End Stage Experiences for you to audition for more appropriate to your age.

There had to be a cut-off point with this show - it is set in a High School after all! Also, the length of experience including rehearsals and shows comes to an entire three weeks (all day every day) which we also considered may be harder for those with a job.

There were opportunities posted on the site to audition for the two adult roles of Miss Darbus and Coach Bolton (now cast). What a shame you didn't see them.

Hope to see you at the auditions next time :-)
LBPop
Dubai Forum Visitor

Hi Sep 20, 2008
Are the acting auditions still open, is anyone aware of any other acting positions out there?
lil_modi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2008
no I dont know
Matthias_
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events