Aerosmith Live In Dubai May 31st

Topic locked
Jun 02, 2007
Youtube has some videos.

bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 02, 2007
What is everyone talking about the concert being crap? Aerosmith themselves were excellent! They played a lot of good songs except for the crap one from Armageddon movie. The reason why everyone should be pissed of is Mirage Promotions. These guys are really shitty at organizing concerts. Anyone remember the Scorpions concert a few years ago? The pricing for the tickets was really stupid considering my 2 day Desert Rock ticket much less than the blue band ticket. To be next to stage for almost USD 250? That's absurd. The whole arrangement of the fluids was a disaster too. I went out in the crap Armageddon song to go get water for myself and friends. As much as people don't like the plastic glasses with beer. They do it cuz there are idiots who throw cans and stuff at other people and it hits hard. Imagine it hitting some kid at the concert? Also, the beer from JW Marriot was damn good! The people could have been more alive. At the chorus of Eat The Rich, this girl just turned around and hugged me. She said that I was the only person singing along where we were. She was right too. Everyone was so dead. It's like they came to see a yoga video. It was a good concert. People left cuz there was nothing to do after it. Plus it was too hot. The whole non-refundable tokens was stupid too. Mirage Promos! Way to go losers! Things are picking up in the Arabian Gulf and Dubai is where it's happening.

I just hope they aren't doing the Pink and Green Day concerts.

Oh yeah btw, hello everyone. I'm new. I'm going to post some youtube videos up but it's of people doing stupid stuff at the concert. Have fun with those :)
Rubacava
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 03, 2007
Rubacava, The F&B side of concerts is out of the control, of Mirage Promotions, it's upto the different outlets to sort themselves out.

And by the way, yes Mirage ARE bringing Pink.

You can't blame the promoter for the way people are.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 03, 2007
But why does the arrangements for F&B always suck when Mirage are promoting a concert?
Rubacava
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 03, 2007
I might be wrong but surely the promoter hands out the contracts for F&B providers as part of them recouping the fee? You'd think they'd check the people tendering actually give a toss.

Said above Aerosmith were a decent live act, just the songs were old and the band seemed to lose a bit of interest after the crowd was so subdued.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 03, 2007
Choco i am sure the promoter can enforce some sort of guidelines ? after all as you can see in the end it will reflect poorly on the promoter not the outlets.

EDIT: oops just noticed scot said the same thing :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2007
scot1870 wrote:the band seemed to lose a bit of interest after the crowd was so subdued.

Good night Springdim! There will be no encore.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 03, 2007
What you say is true, and I'm sure it is an issue that will be addressed at future gigs. The reason for the double queue's for tokens and then the drinks or food, is that for some reason many of these hotels that provide the F&B areas, seem unable to find trustworthy staff who can deal with cash, without stealing it - that is the main problem and why you have to get tokens.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2007
That's the downside of neophyte organizer for a rock concert. Good i decided not to come, as i don't like queuing and listening to gasping of songs. I bet, i will enjoy seeing the belly dancers more.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 04, 2007
You guys should all club together and form "DF Promotions" and organise events!

Judging by how Mirage are handling things, you could only be better than them...

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 04, 2007
To be honest, I get sick to death of people moaning and complaining about events in this contry. Where else in the world would you have so many quality artists and acts brought one after another? We should consider ourselves very lucky to have the choice to see these people.

And clearly many people here, have no clue of what it takes to organise an event, it takes months of hard work and preparation.

People seem to think that issues with events are restricted to this country alone - have any of you ever been to a gig elsewhere? There's always traffic, and queues and other problems. It just seems that people here constantly like to complain about stuff.

Mirage have put on more successful concerts and brought better acts than anyone else. The only gig that was bigger, was when Midas brought Robbie Williams.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 04, 2007
yeah i agree with choco, i still think i was great what mirage put together, they missed somethings at the concert but overall they were great.

people complain all the time, it is annoying but theres nothing you can do to stop it.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Where else in the world would you have so many quality artists and acts brought one after another?

London, New York, Berlin, Amsterdam, Sydney, Paris...
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 04, 2007
This thing is kinda getting out of context. Mirage aren't the reason why Aerosmith performed great. So you really can't congratulate them for it being a great concert. You guys honestly think it's sane to pay AED 995 to see Aerosmith next to stage? Compared to Desert Rock, where you saw In Flames, The Prodigy and Iron Maiden and it cost AED 300 to be next to the stage. Even Robert Plant for those who like that. And the 2 WHOLE DAY Desert Rock event is bigger than one concert where one band played. Also, how can you justify not refunding back the tokens? Desert Cash is always refundable up to a certain time. I met this girl who got so pissed off at the organizing and the non-refundable tokens that it put her off Dubai. She was visiting from the UK. I should also add that I was so stupid that I didn't take her number.

Also, even Desert Rock has some things done wrong like when they run out of food and stuff. There's always stuff to complain about and stuff to talk about. It's just that Mirage are worse than the others :P You say that it takes months of hard work to organize, well looks like there was either hard work missing or just work at all. Don't take it too personally Choco. We just like to whine. In the end, I had a great time.

Also, my first post says how all the cool things are happening in Dubai so we certainly aren't complaining about that. I mean, I live in Bahrain man. There is absolutely f--k all to do here. I come to Dubai all the time. Just need to meet more peeps ya know.
Rubacava
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 06, 2007
When are Greenday coming??
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 06, 2007
I know putting together a concert is a monumental task, I'm just astounded they don't seem to learn lessons from other events. The clear profiteering is also so evident that they'll get bands to come once and then possibly never come back. I have no doubt that getting an American band to play the Middle East requires a big fee, the prices were laughable though, as above you could get a 2 day festival ticket anywhere in the world for the price of a cage ticket.

Yes, applaud promoters for bringing bands over, but they clearly should be accountable for putting on an event that will attract both bands and customers to come back.

Green Day coming in the autumn.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 24, 2009
was there, really enjoyed it
emzy
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events