Struggling To Find A School To Support My Child With SEN

Topic locked
Struggling to find a school to support my child with SEN Jun 09, 2013
Hi all,

We are currently in the process of moving to Dubai from the UK (hoping to be there in August) and are frantically trying to find a good school for our twin 6 year old boys for September 2013. One of our boys is due to have an assessment by an educational psychologist this month at his current school in UK as he has some concentration issues and we anticipate he will need some individual/ special needs /learning support in the classroom. I've contacted a few schools in Dubai and they have hinted at having a limited Individual needs dept! :roll:

So as well as the first issue that its almost impossible to get a place in most good schools; I'm also at my wits end about finding a school that will accommodate his needs and on top of this I really need to get them both into the same school as splitting them with make things much worse with too much change for them :cry:

Please please could anyone provide ANY tips, advice or guidance as to which schools have good provision for individual/ special needs? And how to best approach this and the schools?

Any help and advice will be much appreciated. :)

Thanks

Tjas

Tjas
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Struggling To Find A School To Support My Child With SEN Jun 10, 2013
Duba FAQS : List of special needs schools in Dubai

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/schools-specia ... -dubai.php
megaleacher
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Struggling To Find A School To Support My Child With SEN Jun 10, 2013
Thanks Megaleacher
Tjas
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Struggling To Find A School To Support My Child With SEN Jun 29, 2013
You can also find schools at www.schoolfinder.ae

It is difficult to find schools for that age group in Dubai at the moment. Some schools will accept children with additional needs and request that you pay for a learning support assistant to shadow your child.

My son has Down Syndrome and is at Rashid Paediatric Therapy Centre, which is fantastic, but you may feel you wish to keep your child in a traditional school environment, with additonal support.
Sunshine69
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Struggling To Find A School To Support My Child With SEN Oct 22, 2013
PTLLS is a Premium course which is now available in dubai. It is first stage of a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) in Lifelong learning sector. PTLLS offers a comprehensive outline to the role and responsibilities of the teacher, tutor or trainer. PTLLS is a relatively new program which will replace the popular CIEH Professional Trainer Certificate (PTC)I in near future.
nistgulf
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai EducationForum Rules

Return to Dubai Education