Would You Invest In Gold Or Silver?

Topic locked
Would you invest in gold or silver? Aug 08, 2011
With the economy the way it is, would you invest your savings in gold or silver bricks/ignots? I read yesterday that in the US investors who are selling off are dropping their cash into banks for safekeeping. One of the banks stated that it was going to charge a fee (0.13%) for "holding" money.

I read where silver is going to be in demand in the future as it is used/and will be used in so many products. It certainly has moved up in value and the trend predicts a continuing upward move.

What would you do?

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Would You Invest In Gold Or Silver? Aug 08, 2011
Been watching Oprah BB?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Buy cheap farm land and at least you'll be able to grow food and have somewhere to live when it all goes to pot. ;)

You can't eat Gold. :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Gold is nearing a plateau. So I wouldn't invest in Gold (bricks or ETS's) Now if you wanna invest there are numerous stocks available at superb valuations.
Can't say much about silver. But if you wanna buy then take a look at the ETF's.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

benwj wrote:Been watching Oprah BB?

Nooooo...............but I gather you have. :) When it comes to such issues, doing proper research is my choice. :wink:

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:07 pm --

shafique wrote:Buy cheap farm land and at least you'll be able to grow food and have somewhere to live when it all goes to pot. ;)

You can't eat Gold. :D

Cheers,
Shafique

Cheap farm land and pot!!! Now there's a thought. I don't know about buying the farm Shaf, how about I buy a house with a nice back yard and call it a farm and then apply for agricultural subsidy? Seems to have worked well for alot of people in the US. :wink: Then again, the US may have cut that program too so they can send the money to some goat farmer in some poverty stricken country where the US financial aid doesn't trickle down. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Demand on silver is increasing rapidly!
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Would You Invest In Gold Or Silver? Aug 09, 2011
Silver is offering much a better entry valuation (today $39 ish but with scope to hit $55) but if you have cash - I would wait 2 weeks then start buying some US stocks and sit on them for a year or 2 (Microsoft - WasteManagement - Verizon) to name but a few, current uncertainties will fade and companies with healthy balancesheets and fast markets will recover quickly, really depends on what you are after - fast returns & high risk or steady growth and low(er) risk. ;)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat