World Cup 2006 In Germany

Topic locked
World Cup 2006 in Germany Apr 20, 2006
The biggest sporting event in the World is about is less than 2 months away...so I would like to know...

What team people in here are cheering for?

Who do you realistically think is going to win the Cup?

Who is are the players you want to see?

Me

My team unfortunately did not qualify for the World Cup( Morroco), but the teams that qualified I'm cheering for Tunisia and Ivory Coast.

Brazil as usual is the favorite to take it all again, the only other team that comes close Brazil in term of talent is France.

Player to watch for

Adriano- Brazil
Robinho- Brazil
Kaka- Brazil
Prince Tagoe- Ghana
Didieer Drogba- Ivory Coast
Lionel Messi - Argentina
Wayne Rooney- England
Christian Ronaldo- Portugal
Zlatan Ibrahimovic- Sweden
Shevchenko- Ukrain

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2006
With Wayne Rooney and Michael Owne up front I think England have the best chance we've had for many years.

My heart thinks England can win it, but my head says no-body will get past Brazil.

Should be a great event though and I can't wait!!!
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 21, 2006
G wrote:With Wayne Rooney and Michael Owne up front I think England have the best chance we've had for many years.

My heart thinks England can win it, but my head says no-body will get past Brazil.

Getting all excited, Rooney should strike fear into everyone. Let's hope we celebrate him scoring the winner against Germany. Should be good watching it here in Dubai as we can cheer on anyone in the other games, or should that be "anyone but Germany"...
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2006
[quote="stuchil"][quote="G"]With Wayne Rooney and Michael Owne up front I think England have the best chance we've had for many years.

Should be a great event though and I can't wait!!![/quote]

Getting all excited, Rooney should strike fear into everyone. Let's hope we celebrate him scoring the winner against Germany. Should be good watching it here in Dubai as we can cheer on anyone in the other games, or should that be "anyone but Germany"...[/quote]

Why u hate the german team that much??!! whatever.. hate it as much as u want.. it doesn't matter cuz THE WORLD CUP BELONGS TO GERMANY!!
katy
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 21, 2006
katy wrote:
stuchil wrote:
G wrote:With Wayne Rooney and Michael Owne up front I think England have the best chance we've had for many years.

Getting all excited, Rooney should strike fear into everyone. Let's hope we celebrate him scoring the winner against Germany. Should be good watching it here in Dubai as we can cheer on anyone in the other games, or should that be "anyone but Germany"...

Why u hate the german team that much??!! whatever.. hate it as much as u want.. it doesn't matter cuz THE WORLD CUP BELONGS TO GERMANY!!

No hate love the people, just still jealous from 96 when you won it on our home ground!!
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2006
Germany are no longer good enough to merit any kind of focus from me! Brazil and France are the big "enemies" for this World Cup. Germany are just some third rate team with no chance, but I wish them well.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 21, 2006
England! :wink:
cangroups
Dubai Forum User

Apr 22, 2006
England does not seem to able to beat Sweden or Argentina in a competitive tournement...England has the same problem as Holland..too much talent and no chemistry.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2006
Brazil has the best chance of winning the World Cup again...

1. Brazil
2. Argentina
3. France
4. Italy
5. Germany
6. Ivory Coast( will surprise people the same way Senegal suprised people last world Cup)
7.Sweden
8. Tunisia
9. England
10. Spain

Other surprises

Iran
USA
South Korea
Croatia
Ecuador
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2006
Football! Boring - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Football! Boring - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Typical female response. They just don't understand the aesthetics of the beautiful game that transends all nationalities.
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2006
Hey I can explain the offside rule! I just don't care about it! And no it's not a typical female response, I know many blokes that just aren't interested in it either.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hey I can explain the offside rule! I just don't care about it! And no it's not a typical female response, I know many blokes that just aren't interested in it either.

they only say that because they think it makes them look "sensitive"
stuchil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2006
i believe the matches would start on the 9th of june and the finals would be on the 5th or 6th of july..

can somebody tell me which are the channels that would be covering the matches and local timings etc..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 23, 2006
OH man I got the Ronaldhino's new video! he basically uses same god damn tactic to kick the defences......... will post link soon!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Germany May 06, 2006
Hello!!Everybodies!
Geramny will be Champion!
After Croatian, Brazil, Argentina!
Ok!
But Germany is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
weberuae7
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 06, 2006
USA in the final (and will win it in 2014)!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 07, 2006
I'm going to try to do a right-througher.... which basically means watching a part - or all - of every game, whether live or in highlights. To do this I will need two things:

1 Matchsticks for the eyes

2 Some really inventive excuses for a few sickies from work.

Some of the excuses I've come up with so far include:

Bird flu
Yellow swamp fever
Wife has broken her fingernail
Black Death
Lost my car keys and/or four punctures
Dodgy garlic kebab the night before
Depression over Rooney's injury
Can't get the handcuffs off (Don't go there with that one)!
Computer virus
"I've got a touch of diarr--oh, call you back."
"With all this humidity, the door has swollen shut."

Anyway, that should see me through the first round matches... but shush, don't tell the boss :D
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 07, 2006
It sucks that i will be in the US during the world cup !!! in 2002 i remember only telemundo had the games and they would only air the Mexico or USA games :(

I hope this year things have changed ... good thing i will be back in Dubes for the final though :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hey I can explain the offside rule! I just don't care about it! And no it's not a typical female response, I know many blokes that just aren't interested in it either.

Too right Chocs! Count me as one of those!

Ball is the wrong shape and the hairstyles are ridiculous!

Bah Humbug!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 08, 2006
Sorry but I just don't believe Choco knows her 4-4-2 from her 007 :D . She obviously hasn't met a really classy, suave bloke who'd treat her to a Wagon Wheel, cold pork pie and a Bovril with a bag of cheese n onion crisps thrown in for good measure during half-time at the match. We footie types really know how to show a girl a sophisticated time :wink: !
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 08, 2006
Concord wrote:USA in the final (and will win it in 2014)!

Iran has better chance of making it to the final and winning it than the USA...but than again nobody expected Greece to win the EuroCup back in 2004..so anything is possible in Football.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2006
I believe the winners of the first 'official' World Cup, were the amateur team from Bishop Aukland in Durham!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
MaaaD wrote:It sucks that i will be in the US during the world cup !!! in 2002 i remember only telemundo had the games and they would only air the Mexico or USA games

I hope this year things have changed ... good thing i will be back in Dubes for the final though

MaaaD, I understand everysingle game will be broadcast live both in Englih (ESPN and ABC) and in Spanish (univisionor telemundo - they have broadcast every game live for decades not just USA or Mexico I think you got bad info on that!). It should be more fun now with them being broadcast on ESPN and ABC (on HDTV signal!)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 26, 2006
stuchil wrote:

Rooney broke teeny winkie.. winkie no gud .. no play.. :pale:

Beckham will get it bak!.. :clown:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 26, 2006
Lionheart wrote:
Concord wrote:USA in the final (and will win it in 2014)!

Iran has better chance of making it to the final and winning it than the USA...but than again nobody expected Greece to win the EuroCup back in 2004..so anything is possible in Football.

Iran all the way baby.. Outa teh first round..!

.. do probablities & they wud probably land in the - option. :rr:

Mexico & portugal! Group D. :roll:
any1 think they'd outrun these guys?! :joker:

Brazil or Italy... :hello1: :headbang:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Germany May 26, 2006
weberuae7 wrote:Hello!!Everybodies!
Geramny will be Champion!
After Croatian, Brazil, Argentina!
Ok!
But Germany is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ok!Who do want to meet me and know more about me, then can try.Hardworking!
Favorite book: DA VINCI CODE by Den
Braun
song:I want to break free by Queen

????

Freagin Hilarious! Den Brown - Now white..! :rr:

I want to break free from my :clown: ! Geramny a country ?? :fart:

:rr: :rr:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 26, 2006
sniper420 wrote:OH man I got the Ronaldhino's new video! he basically uses same god damn tactic to kick the defences......... will post link soon!

Sniper .. link ? link ???
That guy is neat in his moves.. He didnt do much in the league final though.. :rr:
lets hope v some amazin feats this June

stuchil wrote:

they only say that because they think it makes them look "sensitive"
I agree Stuchil.. :rr:
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat