Working At Al Tayer Group

Topic locked
Working at Al Tayer Group Oct 30, 2008
Hi all,

Anyone ever worked with Al Tayer Group. All I know is that the company has a very good presence here in the UAE, but I want to hear from someone first-hand what it likes working there. Any tips and comments will be greatly appreciated!

bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 30, 2008
you working or gonna work there.....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2008
I haven't worked there yet.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 30, 2008
Al tayer motors., they are the dealer of FORD vehicles..,

what kind of work are you about to join?

Look at the package and then join if it suits your needs....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2008
The AL Tayer Group has sizeable holdings in the UAE and is owned by a well known and respected local family.
Apart from the retail automotive industry, they have a distribution portfolio of exclusive brands.

The family have interests in real estate, investment, financial management and are close to the Royal family, some being members of the Executive Council and managing governmental departments. Mattar Al Tayer is the head of the RTA.

They are a big company and possibly one of the better ones to work with in Dubai.

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 01, 2008
Which part of Al Tayer? The own Gulf News, Radio 1&2, Motivate Publishing and lots more besides.

Depends what area of the group, my experience was not so good with them. They have a nasty habit of withholding passports and putting ridiculous clauses in contracts.

If you get on the wrong side of them, forget it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:They have a nasty habit of withholding passports

not only them., a lot of employers do that....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2008
I know that, but these guys are real buggers about it, and I find that stupid when Gulf News publish that it's not allowed to withold them, yet they do it themselves.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2008
right., even i read that in gulfnews., the rules and regulations are not clear over here.,
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2008
The rules are VERY clear! It is against UAE labour law for ANY company to withold the passports of employees! Pure and simple. The passport is the property of your government and no third party is allowed to hold it for any reason whatsoever! It even states that inside your passport.

Sadly many companies do it and get away with it.

My company keep asking for mine, I refuse to give it to them. I even told them if they wish to have my passport, then they must submit a letter to my embassy stating why they need to have it - that soon shut them up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2008
I know the rules are CLEAR...but none follows it., even the immigration department...why to have clear rules then?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2008
Chocoholic,

I will be working in the F&B division. As for withholding the passports, I knew about this beforehand and they told me they are now not doing this anymore.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat