Topic locked
Do You Enjoy Your Work Mar 31, 2009
Do ya guys enjoy your work?

I enjoy my work a lot... cool...

:lol:

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Re: Work Mar 31, 2009
sharfraz wrote:Do ya guys enjoy your work?

I enjoy my work a lot... cool...

:lol:

and what do you work?
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 31, 2009
I love my job... as a Regional IT Supervisor, I get to do what I love the most and travel as well :p
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2009
Yes indeed, Construction is always about achievment
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 31, 2009
I enjoy the 1st day of every month of my work. Does that count?

To be honest, my work is not that fulfilling at the moment, but at the rate they pay me I would probably clean toilets.
;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2009
I'm self employed(not by choice) n I'm investing the funds from my inheritance, in stocks, gold, mutual funds,real estate etc.
If I continue losing money at this rate, then I will probably end up cleaning toilets! :cry:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I'm self employed(not by choice) n I'm investing the funds from my inheritance, in stocks, gold, mutual funds,real estate etc.
If I continue losing money at this rate, then I would probably have to end up cleaning toilets! :cry:

Don't worry, stocks will go back up in a year or two. Just don't sell if you don't absolutely have to. Depending on when you got in, you're no worse off than you were two years ago. (bad I know, but don't just look at the last year)

I know, my super (retirement/pension) fund posted -12% this year, but it's been getting 10+ for a few years. Overall it's +8/9% over 5 years.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2009
Stocks are the least of my worries, infact I'm still investing....
But its my investments in CDS, CDO's, n money market securities, like REPOS n Reverse REPOS where I'm really taking a beating!
REPOS were alrit, we were makin profits, but CDS n CDO's, has left me burnt!
Besides I'll be graduatin in a month' s time , n am jobless, so I need returns to sustain myself. Going back to my folks for pocket money is just non- acceptable!
I'm a long,long way off from investin in any retirement fund!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Stocks are the least of my worries, infact I'm still investing....
But its my investments in CDS, CDO's, n money market securities, like REPOS n Reverse REPOS where I'm really taking a beating!
REPOS were alrit, we were makin profits, but CDS n CDO's, has left me burnt!
Besides I'll be graduatin in a month' s time , n am jobless, so I need returns to sustain myself. Going back to my folks for pocket money is just non- acceptable!
I'm a long,long way off from investin in any retirement fund!

Why on earth would you want to invest your inheritance into collateral debt obligations and credit default swaps when your are so young that you still have to graduate!?

IMO thats not a wise decision for a youngster to gamble with your inheritance and I would wisely argue that you let those gambles over to a professional money maker in a lower risk profile.

Before I repeat you are too young to invest your own money, how old are you?
You gotta have good knowledge in order to invest responsibly in insurance against companies going bankrupt! Where in the world did you read to buy these gambles with your inherentence!?

I'm flabbergasted... :shock:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 06, 2009
Well essentially I come from a family of investment professionals, I've been investing in stocks since I was 17, studying them since I was 15......I'm 22 n I've aldready finished my CFA level I and II.
Y am I investing my inheritance money?
Well I got dreams, not to mention arrogance, I had then kinda convinced myself that if I got my Portfolio right, then I would probably never have to bother looking for a job or anything!
As of now my investments are down big time, CDS has left me burnt, I'm struggling to get the face value of the defaulted Bonds and the companies who sold me the CDS are unable to pay up!
Essentially I invest with companies that invest in REPOS, and I used to buy CDS to hedge my REPO's. That was working fine until I stared speculating with CDS.....
But things are not all that bad......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
Of course legally I'm not allowed to invest in these derivatives, but investment runs in my family, I was able to invest through a proxy!

In the UAE there is no real criteria for investing in credit derivatives, but in other countries certain certifications combines with experiance are required!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
I see. Well you got the background and the balls, thats for sure.

You're an interesting fellow you know that. Are you one of them Rothschild sons ? :lol:

I hear you got plenty of cash up in the attic. ;)
RobbyG

Apr 06, 2009
Hello!
I am a Private Investigator in America and our client in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) is looking for investigators and food critics to assess restaurants.
These jobs are full reimbursement for one person plus their companion.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in this work, please be kind enough to let me know.
This opportunity is legitimate, requires good writing skills and will be paid in American dollars.
Please advise and thank you so very much. :)
--
Thank you!
~ L. Sampson
Licensed Private Investigator
Lysa(AT)PrivateEyesOnline(DOT)net
www(AT)PrivateEyesOnline(DOT)net
ICforYou
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 06, 2009
ICforYou wrote:Hello!
I am a Private Investigator in America and our client in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) is looking for investigators and food critics to assess restaurants.
These jobs are full reimbursement for one person plus their companion.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in this work, please be kind enough to let me know.
This opportunity is legitimate, requires good writing skills and will be paid in American dollars.
Please advise and thank you so very much. :)
--
Thank you!
~ L. Sampson
Licensed Private Investigator
Lysa(AT)PrivateEyesOnline(DOT)net
www(AT)PrivateEyesOnline(DOT)net

Does it include testing of the food and different courses :D am up for it and got the whole family ready for it. let me know the time and place will be there. u dont have to pay me as long as i get free food. :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2009
^^^This one above me will support anything the UAE brings to the table, so if you need a critic, don't pick Rudeboy. ^^^

You'll only get positive reviews and you'll be paying for this anti-foreigner bias.

My 2 pennies.
RobbyG

Apr 06, 2009
RobbyG wrote:^^^This one above me will support anything the UAE brings to the table, so if you need a critic, don't pick Rudeboy. ^^^

You'll only get positive reviews and you'll be paying for this anti-foreigner bias.

My 2 pennies.

obviously am doing it for free so am going to say everything is good duh. if she sorts me out with some money i ll be fair :D. nah just joking i ll be fair even if u dont give me some money. let me know got a bunch of ppl who luv eating food.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 07, 2009
Hi! Thanks for the replies!
Well, my client will fully reimburse the costs of the meals, but you mustn't simply eat, you will also have to fuill out a comprehensive report online about your service and experience. It's great work, but serious work.

*Also, I seem to not be able to retreive the IM's that you guys have sent me (says something about my needing to have 10 posts under my belt first), so can whoever PM'd me, please email me at Lysa(AT)PrivateEyesOnline(DOT)net?

We need people ASAP for these investigations. Thanks so much! :)
ICforYou
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 24, 2009
I hate mine now... :violent3:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2009
Back in love with it again :love1:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 25, 2009
hey whats a godo investment while working?
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 25, 2009
Almost forgot how annoying they are! :scratch:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 26, 2009
I'll be :coffee:

Sigh...
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules