Women Drivers Are Bad Drivers...!! Here Is Your Proof!!!

Topic locked
Women Drivers Are Bad Drivers...!! Here is Your Proof!!! Feb 25, 2009
Woman rakes up Dhs 70,000 worth of traffic violations

By Siham Al Najami, Staff Reporter
Published: February 24, 2009, 09:42

Dubai: An Arab woman was charged and referred to the public prosecution for failing to pay for around 300 traffic fines incurred from three emirates and which amounted to over Dhs 70,000.

The traffic violations follow-up department at Dubai Police’s Traffic Department, revealed that an Arab woman has committed around 295 traffic violations in three emirates and for the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).

According to Lieutenant Colonel Saif Muhair Al Mazrouei, Deputy Director of Dubai Police’s Traffic Department, while monitoring the traffic violations on the public sector and individuals, the team at the traffic violation follow-up department noticed that a car, owned by an Arab woman working at Mall of the Emirates had registered a staggering amount of Dhs 16,000 in traffic violations in Dubai.

“A month ago the department contacted her to pay her fines but she ignored the request,” said Lieutenant Colonel Al Mazrouei.

A team from the traffic department visited the Arab woman at her workplace to notify her of the increasing traffic violations as within the one month grace period she committed additional violations reaching more than Dhs 53,000 for a total of 113 violations just for Dubai police’s traffic department. She also has an additional of Dhs 6,000 in road violations to the RTA.

Additional traffic violations of Dhs 400 for Sharjah traffic department and Dhs 1,700 for Umm Al Quwain traffic department along with more than Dhs 8,400 for accumulating unpaid fines for Salik road toll.

Following directions from Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Chief Police, the woman has been referred to public prosecution for delaying her accumulating unpaid traffic fines.

Earlier last month, Lieutenant General Dahi warned motorists who have delayed paying traffic fines for long periods that they will be sued in court.

Speaking at a press conference, he said: “We will use a new mechanism this year to take motorists, who do not pay their traffic fines for a long time or have large amounts of accumulated fines, to court. Either they pay or face jail.”

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 88986.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:) :)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
I don't see any proof that women are bad drivers...
I merely see a female exception. If you can supply me with 1000 female Arab women from Dubai with 70.000 Dhs of outstanding debt, then you might convince me.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 25, 2009
She's bad at paying fines, I know that much.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 25, 2009
lol nutty woman.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I don't see any proof that women are bad drivers...
I merely see a female exception. If you can supply me with 1000 female Arab women from Dubai with 70.000 Dhs of outstanding debt, then you might convince me.

I know... I know....

I'm just teasing the girls...!

Hey RobbyG, did you get the PM I sent you??

Tom
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
Yep thanks for that! Enlightening it was... may ball be with you
RobbyG

Feb 25, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Yep thanks for that! Enlightening it was... may ball be with you

Good....!

No thanks...I don't need any more balls to be with me.

The ones I have are good enough!!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
Thta is unbelievable! How on earth can you stack up that many fines?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 25, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Thta is unbelievable! How on earth can you stack up that many fines?

Keep showing your 'balls' to the police and you'll get there. 8)
RobbyG

Feb 25, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Thta is unbelievable! How on earth can you stack up that many fines?

Why was her license not revoked?

I imagine with these fines she accumulated enough black points to have her license revoked many times over! ..And to qualify for jail time for such reckless driving!

:?
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
Hmmm, I wonder why her license hasn't been revoked... :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 25, 2009
Tom Jones wrote: Why was her license not revoked?

I bet she isn't your average, typical Arab woman...
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 25, 2009

exactly!!!!! I have stack up about 4000 dhs and I feel this is too much...

reading this article made me look like an angel :angel8:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 25, 2009
Del wrote:She's bad at paying fines, I know that much.

she should be a typical blond girl example..

You can't believe how women turn out stupid sometimes... :twisted:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 25, 2009
quatroporte wrote:

Blond Arab woman?

Not likely Quatroporte?

I know some Arab women bleach their hair blond, but they're still not blond!

Could she be a local? The locals are Arabs too!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
Tom Jones wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

Blond Arab woman?

Not likely Quatroporte?

I know some Arab women bleach their hair blond, but they're still not blond!

Could she be a local? The locals are Arabs too!!!

8) 8)

naaah I didn't mean to say all blonds are stupid :p

it just sounds like one of those stupid blond jokes...

I think she is not blond too... but the majority of arab blonds are middle eastern so I will not be surprised if she is one of them ;)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 25, 2009
she sounds like a lady with wasta :D 70,000dhs thats like one years rent money lol shes got lots of cash in her basement.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
rudeboy wrote:she sounds like a lady with wasta :D 70,000dhs thats like one years rent money lol shes got lots of cash in her basement.

That's it!!!

She must have some powerful Wasta!!

With Wasta I guess you can do anything you want!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
well if u have got it you might as well flaunt it :D

lets me honest in dubai only wasta works. u need a job u need wasta. u need to make a living u need wasta. u need to lower ur rent ur wasta comes in hand.

welcome to wasta land.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2009
Peripheral vision
subarumy98
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 27, 2009
kanelli wrote:Hmmm, I wonder why her license hasn't been revoked... :roll:

I'm cynical, but I reckon part of this is a revenue making exercise, that's why the fabled black points and banning are not enforced as rigorously as should be.

She should never have been given the opportunity to rack up the fines if the black points/banning was enforced. Only now that she has ignored payment are the authorities taking enforcement action.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2009
Nothing to do with Wasta. If the rules were enforced strictly, RTA would not have the extra money to build the metro as a rollercoaster!
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 27, 2009

Its not that hard actually. Think about how much a radar fine in Dubai is right now. If every time you drove you ignored the speed limit you would get at the very least 5 radar fines. In fact you might get 5 just in shkh zayed rd alone. Add to that ignoring the yellow lines everywhere, driving around the whole city without a Salik card and cutting a few red lights every so often. It's very doable if the person in question is dumb or careless enough
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2009
Del wrote:

Some people believe they are above the law or it does not apply to them (Re: Your taxi driver story).
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 27, 2009
Wednesday Jones wrote:
kanelli wrote:Hmmm, I wonder why her license hasn't been revoked... :roll:

I'm cynical, but I reckon part of this is a revenue making exercise, that's why the fabled black points and banning are not enforced as rigorously as should be.

She should never have been given the opportunity to rack up the fines if the black points/banning was enforced. Only now that she has ignored payment are the authorities taking enforcement action.

I have heard that many violators said that they had not seen any black points on their DL record despite their numerous violations. I think Chocs mentioned that too in one of her earlier posts!

And now with the money wells drying up in Dubai, I don’t think they mind that you keep your driver's license as long as you get fined to death!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2009
talking about fines, does anyone know what technology we have in the "new" radars that have poped up in dubai :P
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2009
rudeboy wrote:talking about fines, does anyone know what technology we have in the "new" radars that have poped up in dubai :P

Ever heard of a high speed digital camera?

Flash your A$$ :lol:
RobbyG

Feb 28, 2009
There was much discussion in earlier threads that the new cameras on SZ Rd and elsewhere DON'T flash. You betcha they do, at least past Media City to Ibn Battuta, have seen plenty of flashes as the traffic speeds up towards AD.

And having been caught unfortunately just by Defence Roundabout recently, right on 120kph mark. Harsh.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

Some people believe they are above the law or it does not apply to them (Re: Your taxi driver story).

One of my policeman friends told me that if I get a flash, come to him and he'll delete the details before it gets into the system.
I have never used this facility, but now you can imagine why Locals don't care about radar.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 01, 2009
Del wrote:
smoggie wrote:
Del wrote:

One of my policeman friends told me that if I get a flash, come to him and he'll delete the details before it gets into the system.
I have never used this facility, but now you can imagine why Locals don't care about radar.

It's just the way it is del. It will never change
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat