Where To Watch Fifa In Dubai?

Topic locked
where to watch fifa in dubai? Jun 06, 2006
hey guys,

This is something that might help football fanatics out there. check it out - where to watch football with your favourite drink. :)).

http://www.xtrapulse.com/fifa.asp

cheers,

Jerry

Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
what r everyones preferences? watching it while relaxing at home or with all the fans in a lively atmosphere screaming urself hoarse cheering ur team on:)

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
considering the timings of many of the games, i'll probably be catching them or highlights on tv at home.. but for the bigger games, i'll definitely be trying to hit up a sports bar.
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
i think the presence of a shisha is important ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
maad,

but would shisha places have the same vibrant atmosphere as the sports bars? if there are any with the same kinda wild atmosphere please lemme know as well will try and make it there

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
welll ya its a different experience than a sports bar thats for sure. I would say a more middle eastern experience. I am not sure, but i am thinking the commentary would be in Arabic too.

Anyway Media city is setting up a tent with shisha and big screens, might be worth while to check it out.

other than that your big cafes would be nice .. Hakawati, Arabica, etc ...

Give me one week into the world cup and i will tell you my favorite spots :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
The best way, as it is in Germany, to have HotBird dish. ZDF, ARD and RTL channels are free. You will have all the footbal 24 hours a day. 8)

Capri
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jun 07, 2006
capri wrote:The best way, as it is in Germany, to have HotBird dish. ZDF, ARD and RTL channels are free. You will have all the footbal 24 hours a day. 8)

Capri

i think i read in the news paper that they are not going to broadcast the world cup on hotbird...so as to kill the chances of people illegally getting the feed..i might be wrong...but worth checking out if i was you...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 07, 2006
Don't tell me, this would be the greatest shock for me, I'm looking forward for this event since months... :( Until now all the preparing games and all about football in Germany was there, I saw it :) and no comments, like no football on TV 8) U must be joking :wink:
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jun 07, 2006
Maad, Capri

what about the big screens, i know about the one in media city and at scarletts at jumeirah emirates towers, one at convention centre at world trade center ( say its 1400 sq ft) anyidea of other ones?.

cheers,

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Its obviously open for all right? The big screen places? Are they showing certain matches only .... ANY info would be much appreciated!
Abaas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 08, 2006
Here is the link to the matches that will be broadcasted on ZDF http://www.fifawm2006.leipzig.de/index.php?id=414
don't know about the rest of the next stages though enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 08, 2006
I saw a big tent outside the double decker bar (at the Marooj complex - rotana hotel) Huge screen, etc.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Yea concord,

Double decker is showing it. I guess its already on the list. The Convention centre is gonna charge 30 dhms per ticket if i am not mistaken. the bookings are already on for the semifinals and finals i guess.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
I did check ZDF and ARD websites, TV program... it is everything there, almost 24 hours football live on TV :D
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jun 08, 2006
Hey,

JUst wondering , would anyone pay for a special package at a 5 * hotel to watch a football match . coz there are a lot of hotels offering this service.

Fairmont has packages starting for AED 16800 including food and beverages.. now i would rather stay in the comfort of my home:).

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Fairmont has packages starting for AED 16800 including food and beverages..

Did I read that right :shock: ?

Now would that be for the whole night and a complete room? With running water and electricity :mrgreen: ?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2006
Does that include "full services"?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Does that include "full services"?

I doubt the whore is included in the bundle price :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
hi,

Just talked to scarletts( Jumeirah emirates towers), they are gonna take in people on first come first serve basis. no prior bookings, from what i got from the attendent 2 42 inch screens and many tv sets indoors.

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Is scarletts a cafe/pub?
Abaas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 08, 2006
Scarlett is a female included in the package 8)
capri
Dubai Forum User

Jun 08, 2006
Poopy footiebally - blurgh.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 08, 2006
i agree Chocs

Footy - boringgggggggggggggggg

:P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 08, 2006
Anyone cheering for the US?
I'm coming to Dubai tomorrow night, and since Dubai is a muslim city, I wanna know which bar I could go to to cheer on my team safely.
$G$
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 08, 2006
you can cheer your team anywhere and u will be safe no worries.there are alot of cafe's that r showing it for free :)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 08, 2006
$G$ wrote:Anyone cheering for the US?
I'm coming to Dubai tomorrow night, and since Dubai is a muslim city, I wanna know which bar I could go to to cheer on my team safely.

The US sucks!!!

DOWN DOWN USA
DOWN DOWN USA
DOWN DOWN USA

:lol:

In all seriousness, I do have difficulty keeping a straight face when I use the words US and soccer in the same sentence :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Liban wrote:In all seriousness, I do have difficulty keeping a straight face when I use the words US and soccer in the same sentence :)

Er, which group is Lebanon playing in again?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
Liban wrote:In all seriousness, I do have difficulty keeping a straight face when I use the words US and soccer in the same sentence :)

Er, which group is Lebanon playing in again?

LOL !!!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dubai Sports TV? Jun 09, 2006
Does anyone know if the World Cup will be broadcasted on Dubai Sports TV?
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat