Where Does Atlantis Party Stand ?!

Topic locked
where does atlantis party stand ?! Nov 21, 2008
a group of people,out of frustration and desperation, seize ships, take ransom, help those who were dying without having basic needs. world says 'it's outrageous and need to curbed'. never even mentioned about the root cause.

a group of people spent (actually, fritter) millions on having a party with fireworks, bringing celebrities, [a lot of things which i don't want to mention here...], etc.,. world says it's a celebration, brings people together.

any thoughts ?!!!!

gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Re: where does atlantis party stand ?! Nov 22, 2008
gafoorgk wrote:a group of people,out of frustration and desperation, seize ships, take ransom, help those who were dying without having basic needs. world says 'it's outrageous and need to curbed'. never even mentioned about the root cause.

a group of people spent (actually, fritter) millions on having a party with fireworks, bringing celebrities, [a lot of things which i don't want to mention here...], etc.,. world says it's a celebration, brings people together.

any thoughts ?!!!!

Do they seize ships out of desperation? Or are they driven to do it by unscrupulous, manipulative people who get pleasure out of making news headlines whilst hiding behind the guise of a 'cause'?

Personally, I have no interest in celebrities and think they are spoilt children with too much money...but they give people pleasure to read about and that has to be better than causing suffering surely?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 22, 2008
as for the celebrities., when i want to prattle i bring the celebrities into the
conversation..they are there for that?

what are your thoughts?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 22, 2008
hmm..... no offense dubai knight..... but that sounds more like going with the tide, which is being 'created'.

and yes, i believe it's out of desperation. but the question 'Do they seize ships out of desperation' is a bit out of place here. desperation is to survive. it could be a possibility about unscrupulous and manipulative people though i DO NOT believe. that's again a root cause world should be looking instead of looking for a temporary solution.

true that people get pleasure to read, see about the second point. in fact, that's exactly people are being molded to. well, that's another topic.

the suffering you were mentioning was seen in multiple of thousands or may be millions with even worst condition by those causing suffering now. though i do not agree making people suffer, that certainly gives thousands or millions basic requirements.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 22, 2008
sharfraz wrote:as for the celebrities., when i want to prattle i bring the celebrities into the
conversation..they are there for that?

what are your thoughts?

:D
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 23, 2008
gafoorgk wrote:hmm..... no offense dubai knight..... but that sounds more like going with the tide, which is being 'created'.

and yes, i believe it's out of desperation. but the question 'Do they seize ships out of desperation' is a bit out of place here. desperation is to survive. it could be a possibility about unscrupulous and manipulative people though i DO NOT believe. that's again a root cause world should be looking instead of looking for a temporary solution.

true that people get pleasure to read, see about the second point. in fact, that's exactly people are being molded to. well, that's another topic.

the suffering you were mentioning was seen in multiple of thousands or may be millions with even worst condition by those causing suffering now. though i do not agree making people suffer, that certainly gives thousands or millions basic requirements.

OK, so who is creating 'the tide'?

There are those here who will firmly point the finger at the 'evil American despots' and also those who will equally blame the 'axis of evil and Al Quaeda'... this is not the solution.

All politicians, regardless of the country they claim to govern, are essentially power crazed egotists who's sole aim is to further their own personal, political and financial ends. Similarly, religious leaders around the globe seek to control the masses or influence the thinking of others through control using 'faith' as a weapon.

Both are wrong. But the masses are weak and would rather let someone else make the decisions for them based on their 'celebrity' value. (Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ronald Reagan, Ayatollah Khomeini)

Celebrity desire is within all of us, until it actually arrives and then all they do is moan and whine about the intrusion in their lives.

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 24, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:OK, so who is creating 'the tide'?

There are those here who will firmly point the finger at the 'evil American despots' and also those who will equally blame the 'axis of evil and Al Quaeda'... this is not the solution.

All politicians, regardless of the country they claim to govern, are essentially power crazed egotists who's sole aim is to further their own personal, political and financial ends. Similarly, religious leaders around the globe seek to control the masses or influence the thinking of others through control using 'faith' as a weapon.

Both are wrong. But the masses are weak and would rather let someone else make the decisions for them based on their 'celebrity' value. (Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ronald Reagan, Ayatollah Khomeini)

Celebrity desire is within all of us, until it actually arrives and then all they do is moan and whine about the intrusion in their lives.

Knight
who is creating tide is not needed to be raised. if they can win mind of a group of people, why not someone who really want to find a solution ?!!!! tide-creators are there at large and powerful. solution to be found is to overcome that. that agrees with your second paragraph.

if great leaders like MK Gandhi chose to move with tide, history would have been different. i'm not bringing this topic.

masses are NOT weak. they are being MADE weak. strong leadership what they need to be stronger. that's not the point here

celebrity desire is NOT there within all of us, but i agree that most of us have. but again that's not the point here.

nway, what you said is your thought on the original issues i started. i respect that though i do not agree with it.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Re: where does atlantis party stand ?! Nov 24, 2008
gafoorgk wrote:a group of people,out of frustration and desperation, seize ships, take ransom, help those who were dying without having basic needs. world says 'it's outrageous and need to curbed'. never even mentioned about the root cause.

any thoughts ?!!!!

Oh dear, like most of the foreigners here, you guys acts like prosecutors against this country to find the guilt it committed ..

Have you asked to get any info in how many millions was donated from this country to over there? No you didn't and actually wont !!

And for those doing those crimes , I think it is a big scam , either for someone's benefit to increase the insurance rate of that rout or as an excuse for foreign armed powers to control that region.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: where does atlantis party stand ?! Nov 24, 2008
uaekid wrote:

any thoughts ?!!!!

Oh dear, like most of the foreigners here, you guys acts like prosecutors against this country to find the guilt it committed ..

Have you asked to get any info in how many millions was donated from this country to over there? No you didn't and actually wont !!

And for those doing those crimes , I think it is a big scam , either for someone's benefit to increase the insurance rate of that rout or as an excuse for foreign armed powers to control that region.
that doesn't deserve answer. u yourself answered. think to find that.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat