What Would You Do If.......

Topic locked
What would you do if....... Mar 12, 2009
What would you do if.......

....if you nearly got run down by a driver, survived, and by some good luck, you got the chance to catch up with him a few meters away?

michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
Report him to the Police, whilst I beat the living **** out of him in my mind.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: What would you do if....... Mar 12, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:What would you do if.......

....if you nearly got run down by a driver, survived, and by some good luck, you got the chance to catch up with him a few meters away?

did someone just ran over you????
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
Ensure that he 'falls down a flight of stairs', 'trips over a kerbstone' or 'shuts his own face in his car door' prior to the police arriving to take his details.

Of course they could always do that in the ER unit of the hospital...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2009
well - last night witnessed an arab guy (read west arab, not local) being trashed "nicely" by a couple of labourers for almost running one of them down. his "white" face became a nice tomato red. Anyway a lesson for those who try to run down pedestrians.

Would I do the same? - Yes, of course, without a doubt.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Report him to the Police, whilst I beat the living **** out of him in my mind.

Your'e too kind.....
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

quatroporte wrote:

You're too dumb to read and write....If someone ran over me - do you think I'd be posting this message?
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Ensure that he 'falls down a flight of stairs', 'trips over a kerbstone' or 'shuts his own face in his car door' prior to the police arriving to take his details.

Knight

Eh, Eh - the smart guy!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

michaeldubai wrote:
quatroporte wrote:

You're too dumb to read and write....If someone ran over me - do you think I'd be posting this message?

just go read your initial post again... asking stupid dump questions will lead you no where... so are you satisfied with answers????

:withstupid:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
cool down guys!!!!....

there's nothing dumb in either of your post....

take it easy!!!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
quatroporte wrote:just go read your initial post again... asking stupid dump questions will lead you no where... so are you satisfied with answers????

??? what??? I did. I think you should read it too. There is a big gap between "..if you almost got run over.." and "...you got run over...". In the first case you can post on dubai forums, second - no chance! - right buddy? anyways - sorry for being offsenive.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:
quatroporte wrote:just go read your initial post again... asking stupid dump questions will lead you no where... so are you satisfied with answers????

??? what??? I did. I think you should read it too. There is a big gap between "..if you almost got run over.." and "...you got run over...". In the first case you can post on dubai forums, second - no chance! - right buddy? anyways - sorry for being offsenive.

all good... I didn't mean to be offensive too... and chill out I was sarcastic in my first reply didn't mean any harm to you. :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Report him to the Police, whilst I beat the living **** out of him in my mind.

Your'e too kind.....

You have obviously not seen the inside of a UAE Prison
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

No, but think about it. Doesn’t it seem these drivers are confident about getting away with it?

Just yesterday a guy in Abu Dhabi lost his life to a hit and run case. The guy got decapitated and his remains were all over the place. The driver got away. Just imagine the impact to cause such a disaster.

Its easy to put the blame on jaywalkers – that they are crossing at the wrong place – but that is still not an excuse for running over them. What s a human body compared to a freaking vehicle chassis? Btw, the Abu Dhabi incident was at a proper legal signalized pedestrian crossing.

Sorry to say this – but the laws here are not stringent enough to prevent this kind of thing happening. I mostly walk around to get to places but I stick to legal crossings. Even still, many times I have had close calls. I have seen kids and families having close calls. If you come face to face with a person who just attempted to kill you or your family – tell me – what would you do? I definitely know what I would – and in my defence – it would be in self defence. Period.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

No, but think about it. Doesn’t it seem these drivers are confident about getting away with it?

Just yesterday a guy in Abu Dhabi lost his life to a hit and run case. The guy got decapitated and his remains were all over the place. The driver got away. Just imagine the impact to cause such a disaster.

Its easy to put the blame on jaywalkers – that they are crossing at the wrong place – but that is still not an excuse for running over them. What s a human body compared to a loving vehicle chassis? Btw, the Abu Dhabi incident was at a proper legal signalized pedestrian crossing.

Sorry to say this – but the laws here are not stringent enough to prevent this kind of thing happening. I mostly walk around to get to places but I stick to legal crossings. Even still, many times I have had close calls. I have seen kids and families having close calls. If you come face to face with a person who just attempted to kill you or your family – tell me – what would you do? I definitely know what I would – and in my defence – it would be in self defence. Period.

I know it is difficult to show restraint, however, two wrongs have never made a right, and your self defence plea would not be listened to in a court of law. Much better at all times to report to the authorities, and if everyone did the same it would end up making a difference.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 13, 2009
Hey why is it always the drivers fault? Besides no driver will want to run someone down intentionally!
Now I'm not sayin that all drivers are innocent but there are two sides to every coin.......
i've actually started a thread on this!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
I'll break his leg so he'll never drive again...or atleast for a while :twisted:
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2009
Snow wrote:I'll break his leg so he'll never drive again...or atleast for a while :twisted:

Yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 14, 2009
You like that girl, now don't you Sagé? :)
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You like that girl, now don't you Sagé? :)

Which girl? All men here.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 14, 2009
gtmash wrote:

Ahh, I knew it...;) Sage is gay :lol:

J/K
RobbyG

Mar 14, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Ahh, I knew it...;) Sage is gay :lol:

J/K

You would obviously know all about the closet considering your location :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 14, 2009
Haha, you bet ya.

I just sting a bit and people come floating above, normally ;)
You're an experienced 'brown worker'

:D:D:D
RobbyG

Mar 18, 2009
Ohh!!.... Come on!!.. It happns.. Don't be in rush!!!....................
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 19, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Ensure that he 'falls down a flight of stairs', 'trips over a kerbstone' or 'shuts his own face in his car door' prior to the police arriving to take his details.

Knight

hahahaha.. you are kind of funny!! i cant help to laugh in my office so loudly... but fortunately, my boss was out...
raycxw
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 19, 2009
for in this situation, i would thanks to god first, and ask the guy for an apology. If he/she know what he/she done worng,, i just SET him/her free....if not....i would......i dont know what will i do...
raycxw
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat