What Is It With Dubai Attracting Stupid People?

Topic locked
Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Yep get in their face and speak quietly but firmly, and with a nice smile at the end. Always be polite (that's a life lesson ;)).

If I only had Ray Liotta's eyes, I'd be awesome :D

You sure its the eyes? Bçause I have the same ones but can look sweet too :lol:

I think its the small mouth. firm lips that do the job in harmony with the eyes.
You concur?

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 05, 2009
I'm sure the mouth helps but the eyes are the real deal. When he makes them big they shine scarily, either with ladykilling charm or insanity, often both at the same time! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I'm sure the mouth helps but the eyes are the real deal. When he makes them big they shine scarily, either with ladykilling charm or insanity, often both at the same time! :D

Yep, thats me :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
LOL.

As the saying goes: 'I love me, who do you love?' :P
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:LOL.

As the saying goes: 'I love me, who do you love?' :P

me, myself and Irene
RobbyG

Jul 05, 2009
pizza hut:

- "I'd like some chicken caesar please"
- "we don't have chicken caesar today mam"
-" you mean you have no chicken pieces to put on the salad?"
-"yes mam"
-"ok, no problem, I see you have some shrimps, put some of that instead"
-"nono, thats not possible"
-"why not?"
-"we dont have shrimp salad mam"
-"if your worried about the price, don't. just tell me how much extra should I pay and I will"
-"no mam, I can't give you with shrimps, it's not good for you"

:shock: :shock: :shock:

-"are you going to decide what's good for me???"
-"yes mam, i mean no mam, sory mam, cant give you shrimps salad"

office in media city:

conversation summary I had today with my colleagues: during ramadan, not only we don't get (most probably, based on previous years experience) ramadan working hours, but are expected to either don't eat during the whole day and leave as usual or if we want to eat, we have to do over time.
and this is by far not the type of company you'd expect this kind of attitude from.

getting back your deposit:

was talking with a couple just the other day, they were asked to wait 10 days to get back the deposit they paid upon moving in to a place. now they moved out after the contract expired, but getting the money in a cheque, they'll have it in hand only in about 2 weeks.
very smart if you think, lots of people can't wait that long before they need to leave the country.

my point is, this place is filled with 3 type of people
1. the total retards, like the ones in shops, banks most of the times, etc
2. the shameless crooks, whom you either join or they cripple you for life
3. the locally manufactured stupids like myself, for taking this s.h.it
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 05, 2009
Raidah testifying! :D

Honey, I think you've lived here too long, time to emigrate ;)

But I hear you.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
@Raidah:
If I knew you better, I'd marry! You read my mind and your experience and feelings describe mine, and that of many others. I just can't believe the craziness that is experienced on a daily basis.

From my work the other night:
The setting: City Hospital, packed emergency room, back in the corner of the ER inside a trauma bay, I pull the curtain and face the patient and his family. This is a segment of my conversation. Keep in mind, I am half asleep and on the other side of the curtain in the next trauma bay there is a puddle of vomit that stinks like crazy. And to make matters worse, its really hot outside, 40 celsius and a full moon. All the signs that its going to be a crazy night.

Me: Sir you have a fracture of the radius, in your arm, we need to fix it with surgery using screws.
Patient: Ok
Son of patient: We want a second opinion.
Me: There is no one else on call for trauma tonight and the fracture is open (open wound), it needs to go to the operating room asap. (Preferably before you lean into that pile of vomit).
Patient: Ok.
Son of Patient: No, you look too young. We want more experience.
Me:Ok bye. (good luck finding an ER (emergency room) with certified ortho on call tonight, maybe if you find one, they will amputate).
Wife, daughter, patient all shouting amongst themselves.
Son: ok, ok.
Me: Ok, excellent. What is he (patient) allergic to?
Family: no one knows.
Me: What medications does he take?
No answer from family or patient.
Me: Ok, lets try this, what other medical problems does he have?
Son: maybe he has the sugar.
Me:What does that mean? Diabetes?
Son:maybe.
Me: Does he take insulin?
Again, nobody knows.
Me: Does he stick a needle in himself everyday?
Son: Well, he's supposed to.
I check the labs, blood glucose is off the chart (very high).
Me: Sir, do you know what insulin is?
Patient: No.
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2009
LMAO. Nice story...and too funny. I hope you have good insurance cover, being in your line of work here ;)

Gardasil is the Papilloma treatment yes? Is there some personal story there we might like to hear from you, or did you just decide your forum nick while sitting in the hospital pharmacy staring at the boxes? :D

p.s. - props to you for your job, you people do real, valuable work, not like most of us. A friend's wife in the UK just got her nursing degree quite late in life and is changing vocation. She and her husband are proud as can be. :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
@Speedhump:
TY. Wow you can't believe how much I pay for insurance, you could get a small car with that amount!!

My spelling, Guardasil, was a small change in the true name of a new vaccine for women called Gardasil. This is the correct treatment for HPV, Human Papilloma Virus.

HPV comes in many flavours. The main 4 are HPV 6, 11, 16 and 18.
HPV 6, 11 cause cervical cancer and 16 and 18 cause genital warts, I think. I cant remember for sure.

Everyone female on this forum should learn about Gardasil. And this is why I chose the name. So that I can spread the message, that Gardasil which is relatively unknown, may just save your life if you are a female. Sorry for the preaching, but I just had to get the message across.

What do you for work if u dont mind me asking? We all do valuable work. If you have time one night and feel like seeing some crazy stuff, come down to the hospital, I'll get you a visitor pass and walk you behind the closed doors. Sorry no cameras allowed. Maybe you can write a novel about ur experience. I prefer not to think about my experiences, too sad.
Guardasil
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:LMAO. Nice story...and too funny. I hope you have good insurance cover, being in your line of work here ;)

Gardasil is the Papilloma treatment yes? Is there some personal story there we might like to hear from you, or did you just decide your forum nick while sitting in the hospital pharmacy staring at the boxes? :D

p.s. - props to you for your job, you people do real, valuable work, not like most of us. A friend's wife in the UK just got her nursing degree quite late in life and is changing vocation. She and her husband are proud as can be. :)

Hey SH is there something on this planet you don't know about? Seriously what are you a living, walking encyclopedia?
So this friend of urs who became a nurse? How old is she? I mean I would love a career shift sometime later in life, the planning has already begun. Although I'm keen on physiotherapy.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Speedhump wrote:LMAO. Nice story...and too funny. I hope you have good insurance cover, being in your line of work here ;)

Hey SH is there something on this planet you don't know about? Seriously what are you a living, walking encyclopedia?
So this friend of urs who became a nurse? How old is she? I mean I would love a career shift sometime later in life, the planning has already begun. Although I'm keen on physiotherapy.

Mate I just have a thirst for knowledge of all kinds. Also I'm old enough to have seen and heard a whole lot of shizz. :D

Example, when I was 7 or 8 years old I used to sit on the floor and read my mothers nursing text books; lots and lots of long words and diagrams of the body, bandages, etc etc. I loved it. Call me weird...

My daughter took the Gardasil prevention treatment last year so that's just personal knowledge to me. ;)

My friend is in her late thirties. She had no medical background, didn't study nursing in her younger years or anything, just decided to up and do it. Great eh?

Another friend of mine in the UK was a sport physio. She always told me it's a lot more technical and intelligent than most people would believe. Go for it if you like it, but she found she could make more money as a PA to London based investment bankers, and mo' money was her need at that time.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Guardasil wrote:@Speedhump:
TY. Wow you can't believe how much I pay for insurance, you could get a small car with that amount!!

My spelling, Guardasil, was a small change in the true name of a new vaccine for women called Gardasil. This is the correct treatment for HPV, Human Papilloma Virus.

HPV 6, 11 cause cervical cancer and 16 and 18 cause genital warts, I think. I cant remember for sure.

Everyone female on this forum should learn about Gardasil. And this is why I chose the name. So that I can spread the message, that Gardasil which is relatively unknown, may just save your life if you are a female. Sorry for the preaching, but I just had to get the message across.

What do you for work if u dont mind me asking? We all do valuable work. If you have time one night and feel like seeing some crazy stuff, come down to the hospital, I'll get you a visitor pass and walk you behind the closed doors. Sorry no cameras allowed. Maybe you can write a novel about ur experience. I prefer not to think about my experiences, too sad.

I work in the marine/shipping field, trading. pays the bills. Not sure if I'll take you up on your offer of an ER tour, I'm not put off by blood and tissue, I loved exploring inside my thumb when I ripped the top of it open last year, but as you say, the human side of an ER is a bit raw. Sad stories.

You said it: Gardasil, spread the word, not the disease. DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE, PAY UP AND PROTECT YOUR DAUGHTER'S FUTURE HAPPINESS.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Guardasil wrote:@Speedhump:

Yep, you thought right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearly_penile_papules

Speedhump, this is your issue also :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 06, 2009
Oi Dutchie, I'm careful where I put mine; judging by your horny beating on all the females here I would say you are more on the risk list :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Oi Dutchie, I'm careful where I put mine; judging by your horny beating on all the females here I would say you are more on the risk list :D :D

I know you suffer from bad readings and information gathering, but this time you really should read better.

Its no disease. Its a 'normal' happening. Glad I don't have it.

You on the other hand must have issues with the ladies. 10 inches of liability and a huge rash on your crown. :lol:
O wait, thats why you are married long time ago ;)

Oversensitive also right? :lol:
RobbyG

Jul 06, 2009
Ok Doctor Rob, you win this one, for once. :joker:

But I still think you have some issues 'down there' or why so much to prove with the laydeez ? We just have to uncover them, maybe get one of your potential harem to bed you and get to work with a pen camera and post the results here....I'll work on it, take care out there....:D ;)

Oversensitive, me? No friend, I can keep it going for as long as required. None of your Robby trademarked desensitising rubbers required here :rr:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Was at Coop today. A smaller store not the huge hypermarts.

As usual people think it's consumer rights to load stuff on the trolley and then dump the trolley off at their doorsteps.

Today an incident took the cake. There's this German lady. She loads her juice and bread onto her trolley and walks off with it. The guy employed to round up the trolleys tails her. So she turns around on the road and yells at him, " Why Following Meh' So the guy states it's just the trolley he wants. She replies " You Cheat, you want money? Just do your work and don't follow me!"
Freakin ridicolous I say!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Those women do get a hyper inflated sense of importance when their husband is on a good salary here. The 'do you know who I am' syndrome.

She was German for sure? Was it the paintbrush moustache that gave her away or the fact that she didn't laugh at your jokes :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
:lol: good reply
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 06, 2009
afwan! :geek:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:The 'do you know who I am' syndrome.

Oh hon, I believe we had a discussion on this. So you do admit it exists!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 06, 2009
Yep of course it exists, I certainly didn't deny it. I rarely see it though, certainly not to the extent that some letter writers to free newspapers here claim to.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Ok Doctor Rob, you win this one, for once. :joker:

But I still think you have some issues 'down there' or why so much to prove with the laydeez ? We just have to uncover them, maybe get one of your potential harem to bed you and get to work with a pen camera and post the results here....I'll work on it, take care out there....:D ;)

Oversensitive, me? No friend, I can keep it going for as long as required. None of your Robby trademarked desensitising rubbers required here :rr:

Sure SH, sure.

Now listen up. Have this tool for you to prep the lady a bit.
I picked it specially for the rash below the crown, so she won't notice the change when your liability fails... :D

I'm always with a core of truth. You know that 8)
RobbyG

Jul 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Ok Doctor Rob, you win this one, for once. :joker:

Sure SH, sure.

Now listen up. Have this tool for you to prep the lady a bit.
I picked it specially for the rash below the crown, so she won't notice the change when your liability fails... :D

I'm always with a core of truth. You know that 8)

Sharing toys??? Geesh.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat