What Were You Doing & Where Were You On September 11th?

Topic locked
Sep 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:MaaaD, are you implying that the actions of Al Qaeda in these terrorist attacks actually spoke for the majority of the Arab/Muslim world? That the Arab/Muslim world were vicariously sending a wake-up call to the US about their actions in the Middle East? If yes, then don't blame Americans for "stereotyping" that Arabs and Muslims are dangerous - because maybe they are... especially if they took pleasure in watching the 9/11 attacks. I was under the impression that Arabs/Muslims felt that Al Qaeda was an extremist group that they did not want to be associated with.

I thought i had replied to this but i guess not :)

Kanelli, i am not sure where in my post did you get the idea that i said Al Qaeda spoke for the Arab/Muslim word. Infact i didnt mention Al Qaeda once in my post. I will assure you most of the Arab/Muslim world views Bin Laden and co as lunatics who are causing us more grief, death and destruction than anyone else in this world. Again i am not sure how your reply has anything to do with my original post.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
kanelli wrote:MaaaD, are you implying that the actions of Al Qaeda in these terrorist attacks actually spoke for the majority of the Arab/Muslim world? That the Arab/Muslim world were vicariously sending a wake-up call to the US about their actions in the Middle East? If yes, then don't blame Americans for "stereotyping" that Arabs and Muslims are dangerous - because maybe they are... especially if they took pleasure in watching the 9/11 attacks. I was under the impression that Arabs/Muslims felt that Al Qaeda was an extremist group that they did not want to be associated with.

I thought i had replied to this but i guess not :)

Kanelli, i am not sure where in my post did you get the idea that i said Al Qaeda spoke for the Arab/Muslim word. Infact i didnt mention Al Qaeda once in my post. I will assure you most of the Arab/Muslim world views Bin Laden and co as lunatics who are causing us more grief, death and destruction than anyone else in this world. Again i am not sure how your reply has anything to do with my original post.

Al Jazeera Arabic Poll: 49.9% Support Osama Bin Laden

An Arabic linguist emailed to let me know about this disturbing page at the Arabic web site of JihadTV (Al Jazeera), with the results of a questionnaire taken by 41,260 Arab viewers: Google translated version.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ ... Poll-_49.9%_Support_Osama_Bin_Laden&only
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Sep 14, 2006
Read your original post MaaaD and then read my post again. I didn't pull my comments out of thin air.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 14, 2006
I was in University Playing Billiards with my friends !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat