What'r The Penalties If Caught Driving Without Licence?

Topic locked
What'r the penalties if caught driving without licence? Mar 17, 2006
Hi there,
I am bored to wait to get driving licence here in dubai. :( I wanna know what if i drive without licence,what will be the penalties if i get caught by police?
Plz.let me know

s_kates81
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 17, 2006
hey....s_kates81

i know u want to get ur driving licence very fast...but my advice dont drive without driving licence...cuz u will get alot of problems with the police at first i think they will take ur car for more then 6months and i think u have to pay alot of cash....so waiting for the driving licence like me is better then driving without a licence :wink:
THE_unknown
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 17, 2006
Ya, and what if you kill someone while youre driving without a license and no insurance. Then youre really fucked matey. Use your head.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 17, 2006
I agree this is the most stupid irresponsible post i have seen for a long while.

How can you consider, not only without a driving licence, but no insurance!!!!

Have you not heard of "blood money" paid to victims/death caused by someone elses fault.

Go ahead you stupid girl, drive and have an accident then kill somebody.

We will all look forward to reading your post about "life in prison" in 25 YEARS time.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 18, 2006
Wow...dramatic arniegang!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 18, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Wow...dramatic arniegang!

Not really! Arnie, is absolutely right. Without a licence you're not covered by insurance and the chances of having an accident in this country as we know are all extremely high. To go on the road without a licence is just plain stupid and irresponsible.

I back Arnie and say it is definately the dumbest question I've ever seen!

The woman obviously has no brain!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 18, 2006
People chill. Dont kill the author with embarassment. Probably she posted this out of frustration.

But Kates, please dont start driving without license in frustration!!
Its a Big NO!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 18, 2006
I agree don't consider it! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 18, 2006
Thanks Arnie, I needed a good laugh.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2006
the police will cut your hands off!
cangroups
Dubai Forum User

Mar 18, 2006
arniegang wrote:I agree this is the most stupid irresponsible post i have seen for a long while.

Have you not heard of "blood money" paid to victims/death caused by someone elses fault.

We will all look forward to reading your post about "life in prison" in 25 YEARS time.

Com..on omniscient arnie there is nothing called stupid question it's just easy to answer and be polite to the lady here.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2006
150 Dhms

But don't do it........

This fine apply if you were caught without problems... but you can't get caught, except when problem happen. and then... you never know..

Blood money, Deportation, or may be jail.

Don't think that you are a good driver and will drive safe and no problems will happen..... or thing "some people did it and noone caught them"
But think... What would happen if something wrong happened? you are Mrs. Schumacher, but the other drivers are not.

Someone bump into you intentionally or not and you don't have license, even if he is coming from the other way,, you are screwed up gurl..

Don't let frustration has its effect on you, check my old posts about failing to get the DL from the first time.

Don't be stupid.

Now, you all wondering where i got my (150 Dhm) golden answer from ;)

I was frustrated and looking also :D but knowing the people in this forum, didn't dare to ask hehehehe

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... nlayid=196
check the code #4 (my case)

Cheers all
yshimy

Mar 19, 2006
^^Buddy you seem to be havin a lot of time :wink:
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 19, 2006
just woke up from the dead Cad, didn't participate in da forum for like.... 2 weeks, i even got ma car and want to post it, hope i do it today
yshimy

Mar 19, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
arniegang wrote:I agree this is the most stupid irresponsible post i have seen for a long while.

Com..on omniscient arnie there is nothing called stupid question it's just easy to answer and be polite to the lady here.

its difficult to be polite to someone that could put someone in a wheelchair or have a head injury for the rest of their life and not be able to claim compensation so that they can be cared for or a have a decent quality of life.

Sniper

your immaturity and total lack of experience, understanding and respect speak volumes.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2006
Hi, I think it will help your decision if you just remember that the penalties of the licenced car owner who lets an unlicenced person drive are real high, including black points on licence, impounding car, or even suspension of licence.

So, if there is someone you REALLY don't like, go ahead and take their car for a spin; they'll be in super trouble with the cops.

If you're on a visit, and you have an international licence from your home country, you can drive rented cars here. I did that on my Indian international licence, but once you get your residency stamped, you have to get a local licence.

When the urge gets real strong, play Need for Speed!!
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat