What's The Concept Behind The DUBAI Idea?

Topic locked
What's the concept behind the DUBAI idea? Jun 07, 2006
I think that: " Dubai is a whole Campaign and we are its sponsor "...
DF people back at u! what r ur views about Dubai..
Cheers! cutie frutie

cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 07, 2006
Back at me?? Er, what was the question??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2006
?????
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
:?:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 07, 2006
What the hell is going on!

Hiya, Zeette, cutielb!

Combined IQ lower than the speed limit on SZR (official limit of course)

Anyone with an IQ higher than their age! Please make at least that a requirement before anyone is allowed to Post!!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Concs,

I think you could be onto something there!!
You can do free IQ tests online. This could be an entry procedure before being allowed to post.
I don't think you could apply this retrospectively though, because there is always the danger that several of the more established members might not "make the grade", which could potentially cause embarrassment within DF!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 07, 2006
There has to be an IQ test when you register here.... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

IQ Test Jun 07, 2006
It has been decided that in order to Post in DF there will be an IQ test. Due to recent posts there will be a retroactive test to certain members (you know who you are).

At the very least your IQ should be higher than your age (in years).

IQ committee is part of DFM.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
guys guys, i think your being harsh on cutie...

she just didnt convey her point well i assume. I think she is referring to the excellent marketing that Dubai has embarked along with all the development. If you think about it the hype that Dubai has created is just as equal to the amount of development. People from all around the globe are all about moving to this city now and experiencing the 7 star hotels, artificial islands blah blah ... however people move here and soon reality hits them.. high rents, bad traffic, transient expat culture , etc ....

so ya i agree with you cutie the dubai goverment has done a great job in marketing the city with things like Burj Al Arab and Emirates airlines..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
I agree with Liban, concs and Zoots the DFM will formally take contol of IQ tests as a pre-requisite to posting.

8) 8) 8) 8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 07, 2006
MaaaD wrote:guys guys, i think your being harsh on cutie...

she just didnt convey her point well i assume. I think she is referring to the excellent marketing that Dubai has embarked along with all the development. If you think about it the hype that Dubai has created is just as equal to the amount of development. People from all around the globe are all about moving to this city now and experiencing the 7 star hotels, artificial islands blah blah ... however people move here and soon reality hits them.. high rents, bad traffic, transient expat culture , etc ....

so ya i agree with you cutie the dubai goverment has done a great job in marketing the city with things like Burj Al Arab and Emirates airlines..

Maad is trying really hard to understand Cutie..... :lol:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 07, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Maad is trying really hard to understand Cutie..... :lol:

Maybe Cutie has shown Maaad a picture of her??
Or maybe Maaad has gone the way of his name?!?!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Let me try to express myself :) Jun 07, 2006
I think you are all overworked or in other words brainwashed. In a way you are all like sheep :lol: hmmm these are harsh words i guess but believe me you are not the only ones and Dubai is not the only city that is doing that to the people! My question was put to get your views about the city, as many of us come here to work. How do you see Dubai now after spending time in it, comparing with your views before you became a resident. As for MaaaD, i thank you for your kind answer which is deep and put in great simplicity :wink:
cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 07, 2006
Cutie, sweety, honey bunny, you couldve said this earlier. :P
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 07, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Cutie, sweety, honey bunny, you couldve said this earlier. :P

Patience is a virtue Ven 8)
cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 08, 2006
i am just good at understanding cute women ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Still makes no sense to me even after cutie's "explanation" of what was meant by the original post.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
I think what cutie is saying is how do we feel after being lured by the magic of Dubai, only to find that things might be different and somewhat harder.

Honestly though, people love to complain, and I wonder if its the high number of UK people living in Dubai that has lead to complaining becoming a national past-time of many expats.

The roads are bad.
It's too hot.
Rent is expensive.
The locals are rude.

etc.

Personally, I love the place. Yes the roads are bad, but not the worst. Of course it's hot, it's in the middle east. Rent is on the rise, but it is following a cycle witnessed in many countries. And yes, the locals are rude, wherever you go in the world.

You need to take the good with the bad. Dubai has a big vision, and part of Dubai growing is selling this vision to the rest of the world to ensure it gets the tourism and the growth.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 08, 2006
Who? What? Where? When? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:I agree with Liban, concs and Zoots the DFM will formally take contol of IQ tests as a pre-requisite to posting.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Salut` Don Adolf!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
cutielb wrote:Patience is a virtue Ven 8)

Only for something worth waiting for Cutie.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:I think what cutie is saying is how do we feel after being lured by the magic of Dubai, only to find that things might be different and somewhat harder.

Honestly though, people love to complain, and I wonder if its the high number of UK people living in Dubai that has lead to complaining becoming a national past-time of many expats.

The roads are bad.
It's too hot.
Rent is expensive.
The locals are rude.

etc.

Personally, I love the place. Yes the roads are bad, but not the worst. Of course it's hot, it's in the middle east. Rent is on the rise, but it is following a cycle witnessed in many countries. And yes, the locals are rude, wherever you go in the world.

You need to take the good with the bad. Dubai has a big vision, and part of Dubai growing is selling this vision to the rest of the world to ensure it gets the tourism and the growth.

Thanks for your message ian, i find it quite fascinating in fact.
Being in Dubai for a vacation, is different than being in Dubai for work.
I like Dubai as it offers so many facilities, but the sense of belonging doesn't exist or i just don't have it. Maybe as this is the first time i leave my country to work in this part of the world.

Dubai can't be compared to Europe though, as there are major culural differences. The country is not only work it is also enjoying the beauty, but when everything is almost build from scratch and the removal of the existing monuments this will make the country more artificial and plastified which loses it's identity.

It is a magical place as things grow over night including the grass, trees and flowers and modhesh as well!

cheers,
cutielb
cutielb
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat