What Happened To The Aquarium?

Topic locked
What happened to the aquarium? Mar 20, 2010
Wasnt it leaking at some stage? What happened? Any update?

Obviously I haven't been to Dubai Mall for a while now. :oops:

BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: What happened to the aquarium? Mar 20, 2010
The leak was repaired after much fuss was made by the DB's of course.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Repaired for now. I wonder how long it will last .....
Remember the aquarium was delayed over the same issue - wasnt a leak at the time but i think it was trying to make sure it holds up the whole thing.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

BabyDoll wrote:Repaired for now. I wonder how long it will last .....
Remember the aquarium was delayed over the same issue - wasnt a leak at the time but i think it was trying to make sure it holds up the whole thing.

According to details released their was a problem with a faulty seal on the glass panels and nothing to do with the structural integrity.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

"According to details released" ..... [by some ladyboy in a white dress no doubt, reading from a report compiled by some asian sub continent engineer whose degree comes hot from UHPI (the University of Hewlett Packard Inkjet)]

Yup ok

The load borne by the glass panels are part of the structural integrity Mr. Dumas, let me ask you this, if the window on an plane blows out at 35,000 do you ..

(a) order another G&T and a blanket to keep warm, or
(b) ask to switch seats because its a bit drafty where you are sitting, or
(c) Do nothing because you are already dead

This has nothing to do with Dubai bashing, it's about the attitude of expats continually trying to justify their own decisions in even being in Dubai, you chose to turn a blind eye to lifes realities and then to compound the matter you chose to adopt the official party line, vociferously defending the indefensible !
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:The load borne by the glass panels are part of the structural integrity Mr. Dumas, let me ask you this, if the window on an plane blows out at 35,000 do you ..

This has nothing to do with Dubai bashing, it's about the attitude of expats continually trying to justify their own decisions in even being in Dubai, you chose to turn a blind eye to lifes realities and then to compound the matter you chose to adopt the official party line, vociferously defending the indefensible !

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

viking-warrior wrote:"According to details released" ..... [by some ladyboy in a white dress no doubt, reading from a report compiled by some asian sub continent engineer whose degree comes hot from UHPI (the University of Hewlett Packard Inkjet)]

Yup ok

The load borne by the glass panels are part of the structural integrity Mr. Dumas, let me ask you this, if the window on an plane blows out at 35,000 do you ..

For your information it was simply a faulty seal and bears no relation to a window blowing out on a plane. Have you never had a leaking fish tank in your house or a window?????????????????????????????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:"According to details released" ..... [by some ladyboy in a white dress no doubt, reading from a report compiled by some asian sub continent engineer whose degree comes hot from UHPI (the University of Hewlett Packard Inkjet)]

Yup ok

For your information it was simply a faulty seal and bears no relation to a window blowing out on a plane. Have you never had a leaking fish tank in your house or a window?????????????????????????????????

http://www.msm.cam.ac.uk/phasetrans/2006/SI/SI.html

Should help you better understand the term structural integrity as applied in Engineering

Further I have to admit you have me trumped - I have not filled my house with 3,000 mT of water or constructed a fish tank on that scale, but I have studied thermo and fluid dynamics and if memory serves the subsequent effects of a volume of water of that size on the move should do a little more than dampen the carpets and fuse the domestic power supply.

For review, is that the term structural integrity is a phrase applied to the whole system that it describes, seals, glass, concrete, be that in a fish tank or a plane, the consequences are the same in that they can lead to a catastrophic failure of the system.

Why else do you think that the tank was drained to the level that it was ?
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

So they could repair the leak in the seal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is such a big deal because it is Dubai.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
According to details released their was a problem with a faulty seal on the glass panels and nothing to do with the structural integrity.

The seal is part of the system.

This is inherently part of the structural integrity of the system.

They evacuated the mall because of a failure of structural integrity;

NOT

because Robbie posted a funny picture

The structural integrity that was tested, inspected and signed off on delivery is now redundant. I take it you would not be too happy to find out that the car you just bought had a rewelded chassis because it had cracked on its first trip out ?
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

sage & onion wrote:It is such a big deal because it is Dubai.

True, because thats the place where a load of hypocrites are gathering for that 'perfect media picture'. I don't have to tell you again that you are one of them unrealistic cheerleaders...
RobbyG

And it has nothing to do with Dubai & everything to do with build standards.

It just so happens that acceptable standards in Dubai are at best questionable and at worst non-existant.

To go back to the car analogy - do you think that an insurance company would insure a cut'n shut car. No of course not, thus do you now think that an insurance company will insure the mall for damage, general liability and indemnity without a whackin great increase in the premium ?

And who will pay that premium, if they even chose to ? The shop leasees, the mall owner ( :) ) you via an entry fee ?
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

My new hero on DF...... viking warrior.........

LoL on all posts on this thread by Viking Warrior, excellent read, well written.
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

viking-warrior wrote:And it has nothing to do with Dubai & everything to do with build standards.

It just so happens that acceptable standards in Dubai are at best questionable and at worst non-existant.

To go back to the car analogy - do you think that an insurance company would insure a cut'n shut car. No of course not, thus do you now think that an insurance company will insure the mall for damage, general liability and indemnity without a whackin great increase in the premium ?

And who will pay that premium, if they even chose to ? The shop leasees, the mall owner ( :) ) you via an entry fee ?

Bash Dubai at every turn, what happened VW?, lose your job?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:And it has nothing to do with Dubai & everything to do with build standards.

Bash Dubai at every turn, what happened VW?, lose your job?

Thats a bit of a weak argument nowadays. I proved that to be so.

Now, any other expat bashing or will you face the hypocrites from now on? (ow, thats yourself!) :idea:
RobbyG

:lol:

Bashing Dubai = losing your job ???

... if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with B.S. eh Sage

No I have a very good job thank you very much, leaving Dubai was financially and socially the best thing I ever did.

Yes I lost money on property, but then so did everyone, and at the end of the day its only money, no that's not what got under my skin. I thought I was quite clear, its the pure unadulterated hypocracy of Dubai that cheesed me off, from those that I met whilst I was there (money grabbing low lifes who would step over their own childs body for a dirham profit) and how people react now that I am no longer there (like it is some exclusive club where the prerequisite for membership is the desire to go down on the ruling class) :shock: Thanks but no thanks

But, it seems to work for you, so knock yourself out, enjoy your halal sausage :wink: and I will enjoy my life "not" there.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: What happened to the aquarium? Mar 21, 2010
"Yes I lost money on property, but then so did everyone"

You made choices they didn't work out, that is regrettable, however not everyone made the same choices and lost, some gained, and also didn't have to do anything different. Your assertion that it can only be done one way is pure baloney.
The continued Dubai Bashing is also ridiculous from your part, but enough said, most here now understand, by your own admission.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I made choices that did not work out, I then picked myself up and got on with life and have more than made up for any lose incurred.

I do not need to look to detract from the subject in hand to make a point and try to make myself look smarter than I am. I made the point about property to guage the reaction from you and true to both stereotype and form, you not only took the bait but ran with it, like a Gold medal performance in the 20m dash at the special olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=3IFUNIa2NU8 is how we view Dubai, enjoy

Finally, puffing yourself up on the "property issue" is clearly a measure of your frustration at having been made to look uninformed on the subject of structural intergrity, curiously by showing that you have none yourself !
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

According to Mohammed Alabar...nothing happened. There was no leak, there was therefore no repair, and there is therefore nothing to see. Move along.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

viking-warrior wrote::lol:

Yes I lost money on property, but then so did everyone, and at the end of the day its only money, no that's not what got under my skin.

Really ? !!!!!!!!

You would do well not to speak for everyone, because you cant possibly know everyone or everything

For example some of us never lost money on property, in fact, quite the opposite

:D

Pssssttt......had you been a bit smarter you wouldn't have lost money and thus you would not be so bitter and twisted.
arniegang

Dubai Knight wrote:According to Mohammed Alabar...nothing happened. There was no leak, there was therefore no repair, and there is therefore nothing to see. Move along.

Knight

someone must have done some major photoshop then :roll: ... did you see the pictures where the water gushes out from the aquarium?? :wink:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

arniegang wrote:
viking-warrior wrote::lol:

Yes I lost money on property, but then so did everyone, and at the end of the day its only money, no that's not what got under my skin.

Really ? !!!!!!!!

You would do well not to speak for everyone, because you cant possibly know everyone or everything

For example some of us never lost money on property, in fact, quite the opposite

:D

Pssssttt......had you been a bit smarter you wouldn't have lost money and thus you would not be so bitter and twisted.

Dear, oh dear, I do not purport to speak for anyone but myself and if I do it as as a general rule from the perspective of an observer, [the phrase 'didn't everyone' is a generalism and its use well documented as a means to engage readership] why would it concern or bother you if I made or lost money on property in the UAE that I think is another subject and somewhat off topic.

Vitriol does not make you clever or even funny, the subject was the Aquarium & Structural Intergrity - Stuffin got into it and lost an argument, (big deal) then went off at a tangent trying to retrieve some hollow "triumph"

Hard as it may be to believe, I neither ran around celebrating being smarter than him nor did I p.m. a buddy to pick up the thread and go on & on about it.

And now, late in the day, you run to the aid of your wounded friend accusing me of being bitter and twisted in a manner that purely reflects your own level of bitterness (why ?) I always thought you to be above that. My bad.

Bitter and twisted or not, I was and am still right.

:wink:

< Go on have your say and lock the thread >
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: What happened to the aquarium? Mar 22, 2010
BabyDoll wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:According to Mohammed Alabar...nothing happened. There was no leak, there was therefore no repair, and there is therefore nothing to see. Move along.

Knight

someone must have done some major photoshop then :roll: ... did you see the pictures where the water gushes out from the aquarium?? :wink:

There were no pictures as there was no leak. These were fabrications made up by a Mossad aquarium hit squad who snuck into Dubai using false Israeli identities and carring Uzi 9mm silicon sealant guns.

Allegedly.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Perhaps Herve had something to do with the fabricated stories!

:mrgreen:

The Dubai guys have a lot to learn about spinning a story!!

(Just kidding Herve)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

i wonder if herves bathroom leaks now and then ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat