What Does GURU Mean?

Topic locked
What does GURU mean? May 22, 2007
:D I have noticed some members with huge number of posts have the title GURU; what does it mean?

EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2007
guru literally means- master, a person who theorotically knows all , so old timers on here are gurus :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2007
its one of the ranks the forum gives you when you do 2000 posts
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2007
Bleakus wrote:its one of the ranks the forum gives you when you do 2000 posts

This system is, put it in a mild way, "interesting".
The quatity of the posts does not indicate quality.
I can submit a simple "ok" post anytime, and soon me too can accumulate 1000 posts easily (NO, I will not do this by the way).

An alternative, not necessary better, system will be to use so-called reputation points. If that post is constructive , u give points to that person. If the post is meaningless, u deduct points. The mentioned system is just a simple description. So in general, the higher points the person has, the more GURU he is.
On the other hand, the system encourage aliases, and create buddy-buddy factions... that's unhealthy.

Anyway, the moderator of this dubaiforums may already be aware of the various pros and cons.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

May 22, 2007
^^did you have your coffee this fine morning dude?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2007
ha!ha! Stirring up the post count debate pot? Are people that bothered about it? I guess they are.
Prepare for the mudslinging.........
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2007
sauron wrote:ha!ha! Stirring up the post count debate pot? Are people that bothered about it? I guess they are.
Prepare for the mudslinging.........

It's not the size of the post count, it's what you do with it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 22, 2007
wise words man ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 22, 2007
dubaiforumuser wrote:
Bleakus wrote:its one of the ranks the forum gives you when you do 2000 posts

This system is, put it in a mild way, "interesting".
The quatity of the posts does not indicate quality.
I can submit a simple "ok" post anytime, and soon me too can accumulate 1000 posts easily (NO, I will not do this by the way).

An alternative, not necessary better, system will be to use so-called reputation points. If that post is constructive , u give points to that person. If the post is meaningless, u deduct points. The mentioned system is just a simple description. So in general, the higher points the person has, the more GURU he is.
On the other hand, the system encourage aliases, and create buddy-buddy factions... that's unhealthy.

Anyway, the moderator of this dubaiforums may already be aware of the various pros and cons.

Rgds.

I like the plus minus concept, but NO..i'll start from zero again, as more points will be deducted for sure. What about HP's points?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 22, 2007
A quality system would never work.

I mean... we'd need to have quality in the first place.
^ian^

May 22, 2007
Ahhhhhhhhhh go on.............................define quality.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2007
sauron wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhh go on.............................define quality.

Dr. D = Quality
S&O = boring
MAC = Quality
AC26 = boring
Freza = Quality
Sauron = ???

:)
^ian^

May 22, 2007
And you are next on the list? :D
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2007
And you are next on the list? :D
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2007
Jeevan wrote:guru literally means- master, a person who theorotically knows all , so old timers on here are gurus :)

Thanks! In which language is it? Urdu?
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
Jeevan wrote:guru literally means- master, a person who theorotically knows all , so old timers on here are gurus :)

Thanks! In which language is it? Urdu?

Urdu main bolte hain ,i love u :lol: its song from a kishore kamar (famous ever singer from Pakistan) :wink:

If u ever travel to UK , some skih ppl r using number plate "Guru Jee" :lol: . Well mostly we consider Guru to someone who is cunning and can do everything.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, most of the indian Languages and English

and yea its a hindi movie name..aishwarya n her husband abhishek starring in it.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, most of the indian Languages and English

and yea its a hindi movie name..aishwarya n her husband abhishek starring in it.

i think aishwarya rai is not beautiful , i dont know why r ppl crazy for her . For me , Freza is miss world 2008
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
Ok, thanks for the heads up. Cheers!
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2007
HP wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, most of the indian Languages and English

i think aishwarya rai is not beautiful , i dont know why r ppl crazy for her . For me , Freza is miss world 2008

:D I'm'ma pm EJ n Chocs abt the good news. :lol: :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
HP wrote:

:D I'm'ma pm EJ n Chocs abt the good news. :lol: :P

whats good news sweety :roll: who is pregenent at dubai forum?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
Pissed off :D hahaha who's pregnant?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 22, 2007
HP wrote:

Aishwarya is beautiful but not sexy; there is a different between the two. Just today, in the dorm some girls were watching an Indian song and this gorgeous lady appeared; she is tall, has a bit of tanned skin and black hair and dark eyes. She is hawt!!! She was wearing orange singing in a party, any idea who this Indian goddess is?
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 22, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
HP wrote:

Aishwarya is beautiful but not sexy; there is a different between the two. Just today, in the dorm some girls were watching an Indian song and this gorgeous lady appeared; she is tall, has a bit of tanned skin and black hair and dark eyes. She is hawt!!! She was wearing orange singing in a party, any idea who this Indian goddess is?

You just described every Indian actress in every Indian movie. :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 22, 2007
diva hi how u doing ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 23, 2007
gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:
HP wrote:

You just described every Indian actress in every Indian movie. :lol:

LOL. Well, I couldn't ask the girls because I don't know them, will try to ask couple of my Indian colleagues tomorrow.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2007
rudeboy wrote:diva hi how u doing ;)

Everythin' is cool in the hood 8)
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2007
Regarding the posts discussion:
Why does DF have so many smarty pants members? There are loads of them and only few are really funny by nature but the rest are most defiantly not.
I haven't seen a forum with such smarty paints ever with their oh-look-at-me- I-am-funny posts.
So cheesy. :twisted:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 23, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:oh-look-at-me- I-am-funny posts.

As opposed to oh-look-at-me-I-am-lonely-and-single-and-need-attention posts? :shock:
^ian^

May 23, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:oh-look-at-me- I-am-funny posts.

As opposed to oh-look-at-me-I-am-lonely-and-single-and-need-attention posts? :shock:

she thinks she's me....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat