Watch Out Dubai Drivers

Topic locked
Watch out Dubai drivers Dec 22, 2009
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/traff ... n-1.555905

Motorist driving at 40 kmph should keep a safe distance of 35 metres, or length of 7 cars
Dubai: Motorists violating the safe distance traffic rule will be fined Dh 400 and slapped with four black points on the spot, in an effort to curb the increase in fatalities, said a senior police official

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Watch out Dubai drivers Dec 22, 2009
Hahaha and how are they going to enforce that? They'll be giving out tickets left right and centre then!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Can you be optimistic for ones choc ? well the question is are they going to inform the drivers before starting to issue those tickets? I guess we have to wait and see.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

It is certainly a move in the right direction, however enforcement and the right of appeal both seem a little vague.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

does anyone in dubai drive at 40kph?? :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:does anyone in dubai drive at 40kph?? :D

I do all the time for short periods before I reach higher speeds :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:does anyone in dubai drive at 40kph?? :D

I do all the time for short periods before I reach higher speeds :lol:

obviously when you get out of your home you will drive slowly and pick up your speed, but dont see how this law applys to the smaller streets of dubai :D

i havent seeen anyone drive at 40kph on all the major roads of dubai.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

uaekid wrote:Can you be optimistic for ones choc ? well the question is are they going to inform the drivers before starting to issue those tickets? I guess we have to wait and see.

Go back to sleep Kid! It was a valid question and a fact! Especially when we know the average distance for 'some' people in two inches from your rear bumper!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

i hate people who drive slow in the fast lane or will not give way to a faster car coming from the back. very simple just let the car at the back go pass you, why take the law in your own hands? who knows the person behind you might be in a hurry?

I have seen people not give way to cars coming from the back who will flash like crazy to get out of the way and then they will have a race till Ras Al Khaimah :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Rudeboy, I have been flashed when I was doing 140 on the highway, and I was not even on the fast lane, I was on the 3rd lane, and the car behind was probably racing with the car on the fast lane.....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

BlackburnRovers wrote:Rudeboy, I have been flashed when I was doing 140 on the highway, and I was not even on the fast lane, I was on the 3rd lane, and the car behind was probably racing with the car on the fast lane.....

As I understood it depeonds on the car you drive, not the lane you are in.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

BlackburnRovers wrote:Rudeboy, I have been flashed when I was doing 140 on the highway, and I was not even on the fast lane, I was on the 3rd lane, and the car behind was probably racing with the car on the fast lane.....

well whoever flashed you in the 3rd lane was an idiot :D and yes he was probably racing or something.

and no it doesnt depend on the car, people in crollas drive fast and they are bloody flashing their lights :D

bloody Toyota Vans with TWIN CAMs get up to 160kph and they bloody flash. Those guys should be banned from the roads of dubai :D or they should be banned from entering the fast lanes like they got this law in Abu Dhabi.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

uaekid wrote:Dubai: Motorists violating the safe distance traffic rule will be fined Dh 400 and slapped with four black points on the spot, in an effort to curb the increase in fatalities, said a senior police official

Ultimately though, this is just empty rhetoric. The Dubai police won't enforce it, because there are barely any on the roads and those that are, are already dealing with accidents. Until Dubai creates a traffic police that understands that road safety is a public service and not a revenue stream, nothing will change on the roads.

And hey, this is the middle east, you think the locals pay attention to the police anyway?!
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

well they can monitor each and every road of dubai, by sitting in their headquarters by investing in a few UAVs :D

UAE has its own radio control champion who can do bloody LOTS with a heli. so give him a UAV and see what he can do :D i happen to know this guy through my cousin and see what he gets up to here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxMR5K-B ... re=related
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

You didn't understand me properly. I meant the car that was flashed. One day I was changing Lincoln for Daihatsu Sirion and was flashed on any lane a few trimes at night. I hadn't had such experience with Lincoln though. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Red Chief wrote:You didn't understand me properly. I meant the car that was flashed. One day I was changing Lincoln for Daihatsu Sirion and was flashed on any lane a few trimes at night. I hadn't had such experience with Lincoln though. :wink:

its not the car but its how you drive it ;)

you will be suprised with a daihatsu can do when in experienced in hands as shown in this video
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Probably I drive Sirion like Navigator - it makes another drivers nervous. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

i dont know how big men fit into such small cars :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat