laptop (for home) (new od scond used)
Adsl line , how does it cost , and monthly cost
Mobile line , how is the system in Dubai , pre paid or ragular line
what is the difference , is it expensive , i mean the fee for 1 minute
i will be very thankful for u people 8)

CRAZYTOWN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 29, 2005
www.etisalat.ae and www.ecompany.ae will have all your andswers.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Re: I wanna ask about Adsl line and mobile stuff Oct 29, 2005
CRAZYTOWN wrote:hi , iam new in Dubai and i wanna buy laptop , adsl , and a mobile line
but i don't have that big budget so i need an advice in here
i wish u can provide me with prices
laptop (for home) (new od scond used)
Adsl line , how does it cost , and monthly cost
Mobile line , how is the system in Dubai , pre paid or ragular line
what is the difference , is it expensive , i mean the fee for 1 minute
i will be very thankful for u people 8)

Hi,

ADSL line will run you about AED 190-250 per month depending on what speed you want.. 190 should be good enough though..

Mobile - You can get prepaid or regular. The rates for either plan is the same. With prepaid, you just buy the cards and enter the code in your phone to refill the balance.. or you can even fill it online with certain banks through internet banking (and they give you 10% extra balance free) :) I prefer the prepaid since I can keep track of bills...

Laptop - wouldnt recommend used in this market.. you can pick up a brand new centrino for about 3800 dhs nowadays though..

gluck :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2005
Jag,
Totally agree, if there is no advantage of being a post paid, so better keep it prepaid so i can control it.

About the ADSL thing, sure i need a land line for it. How much is the landline? installation and monthly fees?
is there different provider than Etisalat? are they all with restrictions?

Thank you for the info, been looking around for it for a while.
yshimy

Oct 30, 2005
Instead of ADSL i use cable, same price and relatively same speeds, I didn't have a choice Etisalat just said you're getting cable.

Anyway that was a bit of a tangent, for cable I don't have nor need a land line.

My understanding is that except for a few select communities Etisalat is your only choice
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 30, 2005
yshimy wrote:Jag,
Totally agree, if there is no advantage of being a post paid, so better keep it prepaid so i can control it.

About the ADSL thing, sure i need a land line for it. How much is the landline? installation and monthly fees?
is there different provider than Etisalat? are they all with restrictions?

Thank you for the info, been looking around for it for a while.

Hey, sorry by bad. I wasnt referring to ADSL, I meant cable. Definitely go for cable mate. ADSL is really slow and not worth it (we have it in the office cuz Business Cable is so friggin expensive :evil: and it does suck, but much better than dialup).

If you go in for cable, there will an installation fee (maybe 150-200 dhs and this is sometimes waived if they have an ongoing promotion) and initial modem fees (about Dhs 300-400). You do not need a land line for cable access as Fayz said.

And fayz is right, you have to choose Etisalat unless you are living in certain communites like in DIC/DMC and some other select Emaar properties where they have their own provider and a company called Sahmnet. :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2005
got it folks, thank you all.

looking forward to it.
yshimy

THX Oct 31, 2005
Thx everyone , really helpful , but is it possible to get a cabel for both internet and tv channeles , i heared about it in France ?!!! :?:
CRAZYTOWN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: THX Oct 31, 2005
CRAZYTOWN wrote:Thx everyone , really helpful , but is it possible to get a cabel for both internet and tv channeles , i heared about it in France ?!!! :?:

Not sure mate, you could ask Evision (they provide cable and maybe internet I heard).

Http://www.evision.ae

Jag
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat