Wafi Center Thieves Got Caught !!

Topic locked
wafi center thieves got caught !! Apr 28, 2007
Wafi center thieves got caught in a Canadian airport with the diamonds stolen from UAE, they are Syrians with Canadian citizenship!! I guess we won't get our hands on them then :) , anyway it is just an sms massage I got from a friend carrying this news with their pictures so I'm not sure if it is true 100 %.

offical news will be on sunday , I think !

just let the guys enjoy their new richy life style in hawai for god sack :)
insurance company will pay the damage anyway hellooooooo :)

firefingers

Apr 28, 2007
Came in newspaper yesterday that police said it is a fake rumour.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 28, 2007
^ Meaning they have not yet been busted?
Lithium222
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2007
Lithium222 wrote:^ Meaning they have not yet been busted?

Apparently.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 28, 2007
...Damn.
Lithium222
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 28, 2007
The police chief said the public is stupid for not tackling those guys and blocking the exit with a private car.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 28, 2007
gtmash wrote:The police chief said the public is stupid for not tackling those guys and blocking the exit with a private car.

I wonder who would have got the green paper to repair their car?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 29, 2007
gtmash wrote:The police chief said the public is stupid for not tackling those guys and blocking the exit with a private car.
Yay for vigilante justice! Not. What a silly police chief to say this - why would he encourage the public to potentially risk their safety in such a way? Frustrated maybe...
freza
Dubai chat master

Apr 29, 2007
Yes, agreed! That is a very stupid thing to say, let's just hope it was out of frustration.
Isn't his role to protect?
Lithium222
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2007

sounds like he watches too many action films...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2007
bushra21 wrote:

sounds like he watches too many action films...

Hi luv;)
xXx
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 29, 2007
i got an sms from Dubai police .. saying that this is a rumor
laracroft
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 29, 2007
It's all over the news today. The thieves have been caught and all the jewellery recovered. The culprits were Eastern European - no surprise there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:It's all over the news today. The thieves have been caught and all the jewellery recovered. The culprits were Eastern European - no surprise there.

Yes indeed, heard it on the radio with the Dubai Chief of Police talking, 3 caught here and one overseas, all booty handed back to the owners, so they say anyway, wonder if it will tally with the insurance claim? :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 29, 2007
Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Polices, said: “I have previously said that the robbers stole one minute of our time, but they did not and will not steal Dubai Police’s professionalism.

"This professionalism along with the police tactics are smarter than any criminal. A criminal’s success is temporary because he will not get away with his crime and then be arrested against his will,” he added.

Translation: "See, we're not incompetent. Booya!"
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 29, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

I wonder who would have got the green paper to repair their car?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats a good one :lol:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 29, 2007
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ion=theuae

Without giving Identity of the Nationalities.. That's odd.. Were they locals?? :roll:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2007
gtmash wrote:Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Polices, said: “I have previously said that the robbers stole one minute of our time, but they did not and will not steal Dubai Police’s professionalism.

"This professionalism along with the police tactics are smarter than any criminal. A criminal’s success is temporary because he will not get away with his crime and then be arrested against his will,” he added.

The local criminal in my case is still free and it took a year to arrest him only to pardon him later. Perhaps criminals are seperated by Nationalities?
www.dubaicheckfraud.com
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2007
mmhhh sounds very vague.... makes me wonder whether it is ture or not that they cought the thefts. You think the police will just make this up just to make them look good and scare others to do the same crimes?

Normally I would guess if they caught the suspects, at least some pictures will be posted in a newspaper (covered thier head or eyes something like that). they did not even mention the age of the suspects?
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2007
no.. they mentioned that they are europians and they got pictures of them too..
laracroft
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 30, 2007
laracroft wrote:no.. they mentioned that they are europians and they got pictures of them too..

Including the picture where the suspect is posing with an abaya in a shop! :laughing3:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 30, 2007
gtmash wrote:
laracroft wrote:no.. they mentioned that they are europians and they got pictures of them too..

Including the picture where the suspect is posing with an abaya in a shop! :laughing3:

Very true :toothy10: I would not be surprised if one is in an Abaya behind bars now or sitting in Yemen laughing with his dual-citizenship.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2007
Stylinexpat wrote:http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2007/April/theuae_April821.xml&section=theuae

Without giving Identity of the Nationalities.. That's odd.. Were they locals?? :roll:

I wonder if the whole story, investigation, etc will ever be revealed :?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 30, 2007
KeithL wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2007/April/theuae_April821.xml&section=theuae

I wonder if the whole story, investigation, etc will ever be revealed :?

If it were Indians,Africans,Pakistanians, or some other type of National then their picture would be on the front cover of the paper but if the crime was commited by a local then it will get the least attention possible in the media. When the crime happened it got lots of media attention but notice that when the people were caught (supposedly this is) they seemed to have received little media attention if any at all. :roll: I was ripped off by a local so I don't see why he or someone else would not rip off anyone else.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:It's all over the news today. The thieves have been caught and all the jewellery recovered. The culprits were Eastern European - no surprise there.

now that's a surprise coming from u! u go on and on about how much u hate stereotypes...right
:roll:
or maybe that theory is valid only when it comes to ur precious nation.

apart from all that i am glad they were caught...eastern european or not they need to be punished for what they did :!:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 04, 2007
oh no no way , how could locals be smart enough to catch them I can't beleive it it just can not be...this must be the end of the world...

you see guys your problem is you always wants your countries to be better than UAE or at least hope for it , hey, keep dreaming .
it is just Jalousie and envy you guys have for the success of this country, you guys will never believe in anything good about it.

you stupid ignorant it is just a regular crime and it got solved , what is so hard about it ????
LOOOOL you guys thing every one is like (( a looser ))who has nothing to do but set his behiend all day and let his mama feed him all day long.
I realy feel sorry for you loosers.
firefingers

May 04, 2007
Actually the Canadians caught them...the local police "loosers" (does this mean the police are "loose"?) couldn't do a thing except blame the public for not doing their (the police's) job...and yes, I'm willing to bet the theives were Arabs since if they had been any other nationality it would be all over the news here in Dubai.
Leftcoast
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 04, 2007
Leftcoast wrote:Actually the Canadians caught them...the local police "loosers" (does this mean the police are "loose"?) couldn't do a thing except blame the public for not doing their (the police's) job...and yes, I'm willing to bet the theives were Arabs since if they had been any other nationality it would be all over the news here in Dubai.

yes dummy the canadians did and yes they are arabs , Syrians with Canadian citizenship daaaa, but the master mind was a westren and thier pictures has been in the news but I guess you don't have a tv LOOSER or can't afford to buy a news paper LOOOL.

and yes I would blam the public they have responsibilities toward thier comunity, don't they ?

and don't make me start on unsolved crime rate in other countries, I bet we are the lowest.
firefingers

May 04, 2007
gtmash wrote:Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Polices, said: “I have previously said that the robbers stole one minute of our time, but they did not and will not steal Dubai Police’s professionalism.

If I were you I would've helped thoses guys with the robbery at least you ll get some cash to buy a newer car than this trashy one you got posted under you name looser. what is 1985 ? LOOOOOOOOOOL
firefingers

May 04, 2007
And finally for those of you who cares about this stupid subject, I just got the inside story from one of the teams in this case … when the rubbers ran a way from waif mall they parked their cars some where near by and burned the cars used in the rubbery, whoever the fire men managed to put down the fire of only one car that didn't completely burned out and investigators managed to get a DNA sample from that car and sent the result or analysis to the international police ( Interpol ) to find a match, and they did.
The rubbers were wanted for similar robberies in Germany and other western counties and they are all Russian nationality anyway the master mind was living in Holland put they official refused to turn him in for a trail in UAE !!! the rest got busted in DUBAI.

so no Canadian were involve in it .
firefingers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat